Best books for system design?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by sludge, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Moreagr

Moreagr

you may want to try kaufmans book its seems like it would be a good foundation to build on your journey.

New Trading Systems and Methods, Fourth Edition
    by Perry J. Kaufman

#11     Jul 8, 2006
  2. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

#12     Jul 8, 2006
  3. Forgot one of the all-time best:

Humphrey B. Neill, "Tape Reading & Market Tactics"

from 1931, hahahahaha!

#13     Jul 9, 2006
  4. toryj

toryj

Are you joking? That book is garbage.

#14     Jul 9, 2006
  5. sludge

sludge

OK Here's a better question. These days does anyone building systems around one individual stock or market, or is everything intermarket related? Additionally, is it still possible to find these relationships with through human observation or can they generally only be found through statistical analysis?

#15     Jul 9, 2006
  6. Well Toryj, Seykota, Henry, Dunn, Campbell all built trading systems that generated billions of dollars using trend following principles. Whether its garbage or not, I'll leave that to the never ending trend following is dead threads appearing on here daily.

#16     Jul 9, 2006
  7. The Encyclopedia of Trading Strategies
    by Jeffrey Owen Katz, Donna L. McCormick

#17     Jul 9, 2006
  8. toryj

toryj

Oh, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with trend following; just that the book is crap. It doesn't say anything about the methods that are used or how to build a trend following system, it's all just filler and promotional material for his website.

#18     Jul 9, 2006
  9. It also doesn't even begin to talk about building systems.

#19     Jul 9, 2006
  10. mjh

mjh

Wealthlab is thee program for just what your'e looking for. It's
    python based and the possiblities are endless. The forum/tech support is phenominal. It won't cost you anything to try it and even if youre not a programmer you can develop chartscripts or automatic trading programs with their chart wizard.

I used Metastock for 6 years and wen WL came out I couldnt get rid of Metastock fast enough.

Anyway here is the link:

[http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/categories]

#20     Jul 9, 2006