Best book

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by centurion, Feb 20, 2007.

1. ...my favourite book:

(Edward Allen Toppel) "Zen in the markets"

It has basic psychological messages for a trader and his relation to and behaviour in the markets and the advantage, that it is short enough to read it in a few hours...

bye,
    zentrader

#11     Feb 22, 2007
  2. mokwit

mokwit

One and only one book for a beginner? It would be High Probability Trading by Link.

#12     Feb 22, 2007
  3. anomaly

anomaly

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand

Well it's not directly related to trading, but what a read! Also noone said it yet.

#13     Feb 22, 2007
  4. Come Into My Trading Room
    Art of the Trade
    Fountainhead

#14     Jun 25, 2007
  5. Joab

Joab

The best book you will ever read on trading psychology is your own well written and detailed trade journal.

:)

#15     Jun 25, 2007
  6. anomaly

anomaly

Damn, as soon as I read that I knew it was right, since I felt a little guilt wave for not having done it yet. Started a few times but flaked, you know how it goes.

If you feel like it please expand on what sort of detail you go into.

#16     Jun 25, 2007
  7. Joab

Joab

I take screen shots of my trades.

I then mark then up with a pen with all the comments and notes that I feel are relevant and that I need to reinforce / learn about what I did right and what I could have done better on.

I then review the trades the next day, the end of the week and the end of the month.

If there is a BIG error I post the picture of the trade in front of me (on a cork board) so that it's in my face ALL week long and I can remind myself over and over again what NOT to do.

I also do the same with trades that I execute perfectly so that I can see what I need to do more of.

It's important to do both :)

#17     Jun 25, 2007
  8. :eek:
    *yawn*

#18     Jun 25, 2007
  9. :eek:
    One good yawn deserves another.

#19     Jun 25, 2007
  10. I'll second that :eek:

#20     Jun 25, 2007