Best book

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by centurion, Feb 20, 2007.

1. centurion

centurion

If you could recommend a single book on the art/experience/psychology of trading, what would that book be, and why?

Thanks!

2. I like Trading For a Living by Alexander Elder. I also think that Mind Over Markets by Dalton is a great book. I am also beginning to read the Bhagavad Gita as it is, translated by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabuphada, this is a true treasure of knowledge. One lesson of this book, which provides so much essential spiritual knowledge, is that action in devotion to Krishna (God) liberates one from karmic reactions. One can be transcendentally happy in Krishna consciousness.

Applied to trading, its all about being devoted to taking setups, and trading the right way (cutting losses, holding winners), if the process is focused upon, the results occur automatically.

But ultimately, the Bhagavad Gita is about the soul and God. I am still learning and reading it, so please forgive me for my very incomplete summary of the book.

3. ================
    Centurion;
    One book??

2] DR. Van Tharp books-2;
    3] 3 top trader books , by Jack Schwager

Study & see why i didnt say just one;
    wisdom is profitable to direct.

:cool:

4. volente_00

volente_00

The Disciplined Trader

5. Jaxon

Jaxon

Not the single best book ever, but recommended in another thread, I immediately bought and am currently enjoying: Fooled by Randomness

6. slacker

slacker

"Survival: Who Wins and Who Dies"

"Confidence: How Winning Streaks and Losing Streaks Begin and End"
    Rosabeth Kanter Harvard Business School
    The book askes the question, 'why do some teams perform better than the skills of its individual players?'

Better that the common trading psychology books.

Good trading.

7. How is team performance (or team anything) relevant to "the art/experience/psychology of trading"?

8. This is the one.

If you don't make the concepts in this book ** part of your DNA **...
    Nothing else will matter.

9. All of the above are great suggestions. Alot depends on if you enjoy the writer's style. I would also suggest Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

10. TRADING IN THE ZONE, Mark Douglas MUST READ TO GET YOUR MIND RIGHT

TRADING FOR A LIVING, Dr. Alexander Elder THIS IS A REFERENCE BOOK

WHY SMART PEOPLE MAKE BIG MONEY MISTAKES AND HOW TO CORRECT THEM, GARY BELSKY & THOMAS GILOVICH ... MUST READ

DAY TRADE ONLINE, Christopher A. Farrell THIS TEACHES THE MECHANICS

#10     Feb 22, 2007