Best Book on Trading Psychology?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by roncer, Apr 13, 2008.

1. roncer

roncer

I would sure like to find some top of the line real good book or two on Trading Psychology.

Leads and comments appreciated.

Ron

2. Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas.

Susana

3. I think Trading in the Zone is the first stop. Lots of good stuff in that book.

I am about 1/3 of the way through Brett Steenbargers book Enhancing Trader Performance and so far I think it is great. Not a beginner book, but I think it fits in well after you have some trading experience.

Good luck.

4. roncer

roncer

Thanks.........I have been reading Trading in the Zone off an on over a lot of years. I thought it was pretty good but something seemed lacking. Maybe it was his style of speaking or perhaps my way of thinking is just too different. I did like his emphasis on probability and do see that as an all important concept in trading.

Thanks to both of you for commenting.

Ron

5. Van Tharp.

6. roncer

roncer

I don't like or believe in him...........I don't think he is for me.

But hey, he has been at it for 30 years or so...........a lot of people must like him.

Ron

7. volente_00

volente_00

8. I threw that out there, like you said, he has a name. been a while since I've read him and probably couldn't remember what he wrote anyways. Besides, many trading stories/books, the author usually tells what he was thinking at the time or before and after. So, psychology is everywhere, the profession where one is the master of the obvious.

9. I liked trading psycho... by Elder