Best book on technical analysis for beginners

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by roniy1985, Feb 27, 2012.

1. How helpful is solving a P.D.E. with split boundary conditions in analyzing price action?

My hunch says that it is not helpful.

#11     Feb 28, 2012
  2. Bob111

Bob111

i like Bulkowski's site and his approach,but it's looks outdated. most of the information is dated back to 2011. why there is no updates?

Thank you!

#12     Feb 28, 2012
  3. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

People like what works for them. There is no holy grail; only what works for you. Don't ever trade your real money till you are completely ready. I suggest getting a simulator and practice trading until you're consistently profitable and you feel confident. Most brokerage platforms have sim trading; ninjatrader and tos have on demand like simulated trading. If you can code that's completely different and opens other doors.

In terms of books, elite trader has a good list of books to try out. Books in general will give you the basics from which you'll develop your trading strategy. It won't be handed to you, but each book you read will give you a little more information to add to your arsenal. Good luck!

#13     Feb 28, 2012
  4. You probably can't hit a ball pitched by a major league pitcher either, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

As you've shown with your ignorance of probability, you don't know what you don't know.

#14     Feb 28, 2012
    #15     Feb 29, 2012
  6. Beebers

Beebers

Kirkpatrick's book is great. Very solid.
    Edwards McGhee is also excellent.

Every other book will have a nugget of wisdom, but with those 2 books you'll be busy for a while.

#16     Feb 29, 2012
  7. Bob111

Bob111

----How do you guys gather information to formulate your trading strategies?----

--by observing the markets and price action..there is no shortcuts..--

which part of sentence above you did not understand?

i mean what i mean- literally eyeballing the price chart,while trying to understand,what and why price is moving this way,why and where it's reverses.

#17     Feb 29, 2012
  8. Out of curiosity, how profitable is the "eyeball strategy"?

#18     Feb 29, 2012
  9. The first book by the Harvard dude and a chick from a dinky college looks good.

BUT, you will probably get reamed hard if you follow what the Harvard guy says.

Net net = W.O.M. Waste of Money.

You will most likely experience serious pain of the ass.

You will shit bricks while waiting for the setup to play out.

Your stomach will churn and burn.

You will experience severe mental anguish.

You will suffer insomnia.

You might be temporarily impotent.

You might break something.

You could also try using Finite Element Methods to predict price movements.

You could also apply P.D.E. and blow up spectacularly.

Heck, create neural nets, train it, and experience catastrophic failures.

here is a tip I give to rookies:

draw a trendline.

in an uptrend, buy the dips.

in a downtrend, sell the rallies.

i bet you won't do this b/c it's so simple.

pay attention to the trendline.

don't pay attention to crap like Head n Shoulders (which is a misnomer. It's really Cock n Balls formation.)

#19     Feb 29, 2012
  10. eyeball strategy is for advanced traders.

you look at price chart and action at any moment in time, and you can estimate where the price will likely go.

it took me about 10,000 hours to get the strategy to work.

once you reach elite trader status, trading becomes boring like breathing and eating.

I get more pleasure out of shitting than trading although shitting doesn't pay. Weird.

#20     Feb 29, 2012