Best book on synthetics?

Discussion in 'Options' started by a529612, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Options: The Hidden Reality by Cottle www.riskdoctor.com

3. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

4. Interesting. Your broker used to give away copies of Cottle's books to prospective clients :confused:

5. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I still have the half-read Phd book. That's why I double check with them if I really need to read that book.

I call that book a bible:) Whenever I need to check into more of something like butterfly, I do dig in the bible.

6. Cottle's book is not a one-time read. It is something to absorb over time. But the whole book has synthetics running through it so it is a good one stop shopping for it.

7. One man's cure for insomnia is another man's amphetamine.

Call me curaaaazyy...but I lean towards "knowledge is power" rather than "ingnorance is bliss".

Whatever makes you money!

8. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

If you have finished the book, more power to you. Right now I am happy I have the book to check into just in case.

I am learning everyday & just like to set priority to my readings. Right now finishing that book is low priority since I have learned enough option building blocks to make money. There are other area of learning will impact my bottom line more. So much to learn & so little time!

9. timbo

timbo

Hull and Baird describe synthetics the best -- cottle is in a world (mystic) of his own.

#10     Jul 20, 2006