Best book on money management?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by a529612, Aug 4, 2006.

1. What's the best book on money management, position sizing, loss control, etc? Thanks!

2. buylo

buylo

That Kenneth Grant, Trading Risk, book is pretty good. Very heavy into mathematics.

3. bl82

bl82

A second vote for Grant and "Trading Risk."

Don't worry about the math: there really isn't as much as you'd expect and it doesn't exceed what you probably already know if you have a working knowledge of statistics.

4. I like "Trading While Intoxicated". It's pretty new.

Geoff
    =====
    aka Cajun Sniper
    Trader/Administrator http://PureTick.com

5. If you are struggling with debt, there is no better starting place than this book, "The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey".

Or you can also try "Your Money or Your Life by Dominguez and Robin" which teaches their readers to sort out priorities, to cut expenses, and then to seek passive income in pursuit of financial independence.

Depends on what you need. You can check out this link for some money management book reviews.

6. I'll third "Trading Risk:Enhanced Profitability Through Risk Control"
    by Kenneth L. Grant

Excellent book, well worth every penny.

7. +4

Agree on it being a great book, but definitely not very heavy on math.
    More of a layman's approach.

You can also check out portfolio optimization, by ralph vince for an easy to digest book.

8. Hugin

Hugin

I also like the work of Ralph Vince. His writing style and the fact that some of his definitions are different from those used by others mean that it may require some effort to understand the text, but once you get used to it there's a lot to learn from him.

9. Any feedback about this collection of articles?

The Real Holy Grail: Money Management Techniques of Top Traders - Eddie Kwong (Editor)

10. have not read him, but Van Tharp has gotten some votes from some in the past, here...

#10     Jan 21, 2010