Best book on Lifting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Jun 2, 2010.

1. achilles28

achilles28

I sure did (posted below)...

Had my first appt with a urologist, a few weeks ago. According to the good doctor, my original bloods came back fine, and to "smile" more. He was convinced it was all in my head (pun intended). Results for the second round of blood work (taken last month) come back in June. Canadian healthcare...

Notice with the bloodwork, they didn't test for DHT, Free Testosterone, estrogen, dhea, cortisol. Genius..

11-21-12 02:56 PM

Got the results of my bloodwork. Everything came back normal.

LH 4 IU/L (ref range 2 - 9 IU/L)
    FSH 2 IU/L (ref range 2 - 12 IU/L)
    Testosterone 23.9 (ref range 7.6 - 31.4 nmol/L)
    Prolactin 6 (ref range <18 ug/L)

Clomid is still on the table. Atty mentioned hcg. The LJ100 definitely worked for me - higher drive and nearly 100% erections. 4 pills a day seemed to be the right dose. Still experimenting. Realizing in my thirties what we have in Canada is very diy healthcare. I've got the name of a good urologist that specializes in libido, so hopefully get a referral if this guy doesn't cut the mustard. :D

Thanks. I used to run this at good quantities, several years ago, with iffy results. Might give it another shot. Any particular brand I should look for?

#851     Apr 22, 2013
  2. nitro

nitro

#852     Oct 7, 2013
  3. achilles28

achilles28

I buy most of my protein here:

http://truenutrition.com/

They used to detail the amino acid profile for each blend, which were superior, imo.

Quick update - GP is certain my low T was caused from propecia/proscar I took in my late 20's. Stay away from this stuff guys. Still messing around with treatments. Might take clomid (12mg eod) and an anti-e, for around a year or so.

#853     Oct 7, 2013
  4. nitro

nitro

Thanks.

I wonder how I can tell if they have aspartame?

#854     Oct 8, 2013
  5. achilles28

achilles28

There's options on each blend - flavored (choice of sweetener), and unflavored (plain). I get the unflavored. Have some right here, actually. Lemmie see. Whey protein isolate for immediately after a workout. And Teamskip for breakfast. Teamskip is a blend of whey isolate (fast absorption), egg (medium absorption),and micelluar protein (slow absorption). Dose the job. I buy this stuff cause the amino acid profile is good and they've got unflavored blends.

#855     Oct 8, 2013
  6. Your GP is FOS. Finasteride generally raises testosterone levels, especially in men whose levels were low to begin with, mostly due to lower circulating DHT causing increased release of LH. Going off of finesteride might depress testosterone levels slightly, due to lingering slightly elevated SHBG levels, but you should have reverted to baseline levels within a couple of weeks.

Finesteride has serious side effects (mostly from altering the body's androgen/estrogen balance) and I agree with your advice to stay away from it.

How old are you? If you have low T in your thirties, you have a serious problem. I would look elsewhere than Propecia use a decade ago for its source.

#856     Oct 8, 2013
  7. Seriously, the cheapest and most convenient-to-buy source of protein powder is Body Fortress Whey Concentrate from your local Walmart. Under $14 for a two pound jar (you have to buy five jars at a time for that price). It is an essential component, along with sugar, whole grains, and legumes, in my anti-paleo diet.

I have found the whey concentrate is just as effective as the isolate. The Body Fortress brand also contains about a gram of Creatine per serving, so you can cut back on your straight Creatine intake and still achieve saturation.

The best protein powder EVER was Blair's back in the 1970's. It worked almost like magic; about as well as the available anabolics of the period. It was reformulated (I am sure of it!) after Blair's death and was never the same again.

#857     Oct 8, 2013
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Sorry, are you a doctor? Or did you just read wikipedia and spout off from the ass?

FDA forced Merck to change the warning label on Propecia and Proscar to include *indefinite* lowered libido, testosterone and erectile dysfunction, even after discontinuation of the drug. Class action suits are underway in the US, Canada and Europe for same. Merck commissioned a third-party review of sides and found 10-20% of men suffered from some form of sexual or hormonal side effect. This has been covered by US national news, at some length. I'm guessing that my GP has a wee bit more experience than you, and has saw it in many guys. He even knew right away the generic form (proscar) is much worse then propecia.

In my twenties I could go 4-5 times a day, even when depressed. I took proscar for 2 years, on and off, and within months, ed started and libido fell, at an accelerated pace. It never came back. This is going on 8 years.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/quyjB7ThZIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#858     Oct 9, 2013
  9. blakpacman

blakpacman

Arnold Schwarzenegger has an autobiography. I recommend.

#859     Oct 9, 2013
  10. nitro

nitro

I found this interesting. Never heard of these excercises. I am fortunate that I don't have blood flow problems. However, as all men age this might be a good idea no matter what. So start now strenghthning these muscles when one is young. An ounce of prevention is worth...

I think the biggest impediment is that it is kind of a crude excercise, but once you get passed that, it will improve sex life or at least maintain it as far as possible into old age. Besides, no one has to know (LMAO :D) I am going to Dicks and buy one of these blow up balls ASAP.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4TArqSDav_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#860     Dec 4, 2013