Best book on Lifting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Jun 2, 2010.

1. I didn't watch the video, but look at those traps. Does he say anything about steroids? Because he takes them. His general size is an indication, but the traps are a giveaway.

#21     Jun 2, 2010
  2. Yeah, he does have huge traps! I am not surprised if he does use steroid.

#22     Jun 2, 2010
  3. Okay, I just watched his videos that you posted. He gives good advice in them.

#23     Jun 2, 2010
  4. There is one clip where he goes grocery shopping and talks about the foods we should be eating. I have problem finding that clip, but that was the clip that sold me that he is not just a roid-freak.

#24     Jun 2, 2010
  5. Nitro, just as an aside, whatever information source you choose, be sure to keep one thing in mind. Protein is heavily stressed by most bodybuilders and weight trainers. However, most such people consume too much of it, which can be taxing on your liver and kidneys with no incremental benefit. Keep that in mind. Also, try to work out on a fairly empty stomach, i.e., a light lunch before an after market workout.

#25     Jun 2, 2010
  6. Gcapman

Gcapman

I would add lots of running for the overall toning of your muscles

No treadmill crap - strictly outdoors

#26     Jun 2, 2010
  7. Whole natural plants. Lightly steamed and raw. No oils of any kind. No processed food. Nothing that comes in a box or can. No meat. No chicken. No pork. No animal products, none. NO salt! Whole natural plants only, lightly steamed or raw. ALL YOU WANT!

Brief high intensity resistance training, machine only. No rest b/w sets. 3X per week. Treadmill, stationary bike, or rower the other 3 days, 30 mins moderate intensity. Mix it up. Rest last day.

Muscles will grow. Lungs will expand. Pounds of blubber will literally melt off. :cool:

#27     Jun 2, 2010
  8. Buzzed

Buzzed

I do the Stronglifts 5x5. It's a 5x5 barbell and body exercise routine. It's a free ebook too. A short read but informative. It links to youtube videos to demonstrate how to do the lifts properly.

Here is the link. http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

The cliffnotes version: 3 workouts per week with 48 hours between workouts. Alternate between Workout A and Workout B.

Workout A
    Squat 5x5
    Bench Press 5x5
    Inverted Rows 3xF
    Push-ups 3xF
    Reverse Crunch 3x12

Workout B
    Squat 5x5
    Overhead Press 5x5
    Deadlift 1x5
    Pull-ups/Chin-ups 3xF
    Prone Bridges 3x30sec

This is the fastest way to build strength. You keep the weight on each set the same. You always increase the weight for that lift on your next workout.

Riptoe's 3x5 is also a good starting strength routine. Both work well.

For losing weight, look into HITT.

I would recommend inverted rows. Use a weighted vest for resistance. I do inverted rows on my bench. I don't get full arm extention however so I widen my grip to compensate.

#28     Jun 2, 2010
  9. nitro

nitro

Thanks all. I will follow all the advice as faithfully as I am able.

#29     Jun 3, 2010