Best book for Series 7 exam!

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by exce26, Oct 2, 2001.

1. mikebiz1

mikebiz1

i have series 7 and 55 study material for sale on ebay. take a look www.ebay.com

#21     Dec 12, 2001
  2. for the 7, i had:

STC (Training Course & practice exams)
    PassPerfect (Training Course & practice exams)
    Dearborn (practice exams only)

you can pass with the passperfect material, though you would be handicapping yourself. it does not go into the depth needed in order to answer all of the questions on the real thing. i would guess that it does not cover about 10% of the material on the real thing. someone told me to subtract 10 points from whatever you get on the passperfect exams vs. the real thing.

now, i went through the STC material, and took 23 practice exams between the STC and Dearborn exams - all in three weeks. i tested between the low 70s, then in the low 80s by the end. most of them were very hard and non-repetitive - much harder than the real thing. on the real thing, i scored a 92, without every having scored that high on any practice exam.

if you want the best prepartion go with stc or dearborn, and skip passperfect (although certainly people have proved you can pass with it).

that is all.

#22     Dec 18, 2001
  3. kolby

kolby

I went through this site on the series 7 exam and found it to be very useful. There is a free quiz that will give you some insight to the real exam, along with a comprehensive offering of study tools needed for the exam.

Series 7 Exam

#23     Dec 29, 2001
  4. lescor

lescor

I used the Dearborn material, including the cd for practice tests. I found the book to be well laid out and very thourough.

Since I passed the test (87%), I've got these items for sale. Email me if interested.

Corey

#24     Dec 31, 2001
  5. mrdpts

mrdpts

Dearborn is good and the CD is especially helpful. Just don't get in the habit of memorizing the answers because they are worded quite differently on the actual exam.

#25     Jan 8, 2002
  6. "if you want the best prepartion go with stc or dearborn, and skip passperfect (although certainly people have proved you can pass with it). "

Have to disagree with you on " skip passperfect" part. I used pass perfect (an old version, without CD). skipped chapter practice exam entirely. I just passed exam with same score as yours.

I think the key is you need to do some chapter reading on regulation, RR procedures. other parts you can get by doing practice exam. When do testing, use common sense.

hope this helps those pondering what material they need.

#26     Jan 9, 2002
  7. Anyone have any Series 7 study materials for sale?
    Please send email to borkert@hotmail.com. Thank you.

#27     Jan 10, 2002
  8. Just a note to all traders taking the test. I would suggest everyone only use study materials that are six months old or less.
    Daytrading(Pattern Daytrader) rules , for example ,have changed and other definitions may have changed in the last year. Don't be penny cheap and pound foolish. The Series 7 books cost between $75.00 and $250.00 for self-study. Take my advice and buy new study materials that are current.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., L.L.C.
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

#28     Jan 10, 2002
  9. huby

huby

I'm also interested in buying used materials. Can't seem to find any on ebay or amazon. Thanks. Please email me at danandbecca1@attbi.com if interested.

#29     Jan 22, 2002