Best book for Series 7 exam!

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by exce26, Oct 2, 2001.

1. MegRean

MegRean

bro59 you also purchased the STC stuff ... ?

from all you guys scoring better than 80% I'm a bit scared now..
    I'm now going through the test exams the first time ( currently number 8 ) and don't score any better than 72% .. three even below 65% ... is this the way you did or did you achieve a higher score the first time you ran across the exams?
    there are so many questions with things I either never heard about ... or simple must have read over em .. ,(

I guess I will easily achieve the 85% when I take the exams the 2nd time... but I guess they don't cover all the questions which could be asked in the final exam ... and if there come any I never heard about.. I'm screwed ..,(

maybe you can give me any hints

#11     Nov 5, 2001
  2. Eugene

Eugene

Megrean,

I scored a 61 on my mid term exam(only options,munies, securities, debt) and 68 on the final( from the cd rom exams) the first time I took them.

The nice thing with Dearborns cd rom test was that you could build and customize your exams on the areas you are weak. The key is to get different questions. I tried to build test with new questions. If you practice answering the same 10 tests, I think this may give you a false sense of security. Get to know Options, munies and debt very well. The one thing I noticed on the actual final exam was that they never blatantly tried to trick you. Answers were logical. Don't over think the question.

Good Luck

#12     Nov 5, 2001
  3. MegRean

MegRean

ok thx... so I guess I'm on the right way .. I will go through the 13 practice exams then review the sections in the ring binder which I know from I'm weakt at ... and then take the exams a 2nd time as suggested from STC ;)

but some of this stuff is really driving me nuts ... e.g. this settlement stuff ... I mix it up over and over again ... could kick my own butt for it ;)) .. or taxation of bonds ... just awful =)

guess I better bunk off school for a few days and study s7 by hard =))

#13     Nov 5, 2001
  4. mikebiz1

mikebiz1

#14     Nov 6, 2001
  5. rltco

rltco

I would like to purchase used recent study material for the series 7 and 66 exams:cool:

#15     Dec 8, 2001
  6. I have a book that is very interesting as regards price and even content, it is arco book written by meyers and solomon. You can find it on amazon at less than $60 with a very complete cd.
    all the best

#16     Dec 8, 2001
  7. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

I know a trader that used this and failed the Series 7 first time out. He said he did well on the practice tests. I referred him to PassPerfect (which I used) and he passed the next time.

I definitely like the PassPerfect stuff. It has books and disks which I found to be very helpful. If YOU DO WHAT THEY SAY. They say to read the books, take the quizes in the book, take the interim tests on disk, and take the final tests on disk.

They also give you percentages for the categories for questions. I forget the examples, but maybe partnerships was 5% and customers were 30%, etc. That way, you know where to focus your efforts.

I put in 60 hours of study (they recommend 110). Because of this, I was barely able to finish a few of the sections and only took interim quizzes on 1/2 the sections and no final exams. I went to take the test feeling unprepared, but I had a deadline. To my surprise, I made an 84.

But I must re-emphasize that you must DO WHAT THEY SAY and read and take the tests. I know others who didn't do this and didn't fail. I don't know of anyone who did the reading, interim tests, and finals and failed (obviously, it doesn't mean it can't happen).

#17     Dec 8, 2001
  8. SCALPY

SCALPY

#18     Dec 12, 2001
  9. fltr101

fltr101

You can try to get a copy on EBay. Look under Pass Perfect series 7. Has anyone taken the renewal test to keep there series 7 in good standing. I was wondering if I had to bother studying for it.

#19     Dec 12, 2001
  10. MegRean

MegRean

when I was at the testing center to take my s7, there were 3 guys taking the series 101 which they told me to be the renewal exam.
    But there you just have to go through it and answear the question .. right or wrong doesn't matter as you get no score ;)

#20     Dec 12, 2001