Best Book about the Floor

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by lsubeano, Mar 9, 2011.

1. lsubeano

lsubeano

Anyone know of any books about either; how the floor operates, traders who traded on the floor and gives insight to their tactics, stop running....??

thanks everyone.

2. lsubeano

lsubeano

also update as well, if anyone has read any book by Robert A. Schwartz.....such as Coping with Institutional Order Flow??
    those books are a bit pricy, didn't know if they're worth it or a waste.

3. lsubeano

lsubeano

haha, oops, yea I didn't even notice the "new books" were cheaper than the used books.
    yea, it seems like it'd be more academia, but I'm open to reading one of 'em if somebody's gotten a good read outta it and find it to be worth retail.

thanks psytrade.

4. lsubeano

lsubeano

thanks arbit.
    wow. 650 pages. that's a textbook alright.
    is it just academia and theoritical?

5. Not exactly sure, I just browsed through it and I don't exactly recall seeing partial differential equations. I highly doubt it's theoretical or academic, and even if it is, I believe it would only stand to expand your knowledge base on exchange dynamics. You can probably borrow it from a library, or browse through a copy at your local bookstore before buying it off amazon.

EDIT: Just browsed through the amazon preview. It's far from academic. It employs a quick-reference structure similar to Murphy. You can check it out yourself.

6. lsubeano

lsubeano

cool, sounds interesting.
    looking for books to read that aren't the "go to" books every trader should read.