Best book about Money Management

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by GeorgeSoros, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Hello guys,

I would like to start a thread talking about books on Money management. They are very rare and difficult to find and I would like to know which ones are your bibles...

Here is mine so far :
    Van Tharp Trade your way to Financial freedom

Nearly a classical...

2. The books are actually about more than money management , but I recommend anything by Justin Mamis, 'The Nature of Risk' is excellent.

3. Ralph Vince's Portfolio Mananagement Formulas is as challenging and practical as it is controversial.

4. lescor

lescor

The early writings of Gary B. Smith on thestreet.com cover the subject thouroughly and are easy to understand. His early stuff is still available for free in the site's archives.

Van Tharp's book is the only other work I've read that details the concept of expectancy and how important it is to your system's overall success.

5. is it my imagination or is everybody becoming a moderator?

hey George, when you gonna break the bank of england again?

6. voodster

voodster

Undoubtedly the best money management book is found at iitm.com written by Van Tharp. It's called Special Report on Money Management and it costs $65. "You'll learn dozens of different models of money management—one of which could make a big difference for you."

https://sslserver.com/iitm.com/books/rptmm.htm

7. oh yeah also: i totally agree that Tharp has the best stuff on money management, be it books/reports etc.

8. I read it quite a while back, but if I recall correctly it's pretty good. I don't think much was said about money management, though I think the author mentioned the pitfalls of overtrading. Even if it doesn't have the exact topics that you're looking for (money management methods) it's still worth a look.

9. I'll forward him yr compliment

:)

Robert

#10     Jun 24, 2002