Best bible for TA beginner?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by a529612, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Candlesticks and Bars both display the same exact information.

#11     Apr 20, 2006
  2. Babak

Babak

Ever notice 40+ traders use bars and younger traders use candles.

I would suggest all 3: Murphy, Ed+McG and Pring. There is a lot of overlay but worth it.

#12     Apr 20, 2006
  3. I do actually. I use Bars though. I just don't understand the difference, I can visualize it all anyways. I just tried looking at a chart switching between the two, it's all the same to me.

Regardless, I mainly use support and resistance levels and some moving averages for my trading. I actually thought they were a distraction.

But I don't know why I'm even pointing this out, because for some reason, I feel a year ago I probably was thinking the same thing, that candlesticks was going to change my trading. It didn't help one bit IMHO. It's all reflective of S&R.

I just had an idea... a poll!

#13     Apr 20, 2006
  4. Visual Investor - Murphy (this is a gentle and easy introduction to TA.)

Also, if you're too busy to read, consider picking up some videos from PRISTINE.COM or TRADERSLIBRARY.COM (which have sales periodically).

B

P.S. All the books others have mentioned are useful. I just wanted to put in my 5 cents!!!

B
    :p :p :p

#14     Apr 23, 2006
  5. Japanese candlesticks, i see no value, the sense? They are useful if the lights go out? Why bother?

I am a traditionalist, HA. Like Japanese cars, i will never buy one but indeed they look good and are well built. ..........I said years ago: "They know how to build them,. but they sure do not know how to drive them"

good trading to all next week, especially me...:D

#15     Apr 23, 2006
  6. kiwi777

kiwi777

Technical Analysis A to Z by Steven Achelis

#16     Jun 16, 2006
  7. AND the book that all these other guys use as a reference to write their books is

"Technical Analysis and Stock Market Profits" by Richard W. Schabacker.

A good, free reference site is:

http://www.stockcharts.com/education/

Charles

#17     Jun 16, 2006
  8. toryj

toryj

Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets by John J. Murphy.

#18     Jun 16, 2006
  9. cnms2

cnms2

I trade based on TA, but I don't think it is useful for a beginner to start reading a TA bible.

I'd suggest to start by learning the money management basics from:
    "Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom" by Van K. Tharp

Then learn the why and the how of becoming a technical trader from:
    "Come Into My Trading Room" by Alexander Elder

After that you can read and experiment with other concepts and methods until you'll find your own niche.

#19     Jun 16, 2006
    #20     Jun 17, 2006