best backtesting

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by neonv301, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

me too!. twice is nice :p

#11     Dec 10, 2010
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Take a look at TradersStudio, It has a complete language , powerful backtester and can produces complete analysis of your strategy. In addition the language has many built in functions so you can code complex ideas like using past performance to effect real future trades like is done with the turtle system.

It also has a built in walk forward analyzer. I think TradersStudio will exceed your expectations.

#12     Dec 13, 2010
  3. thanks...

Two Questions regarding TraderStudio:
    1) Can I use it although I have no programming/coding skills?
    2) How much does it cost?

Walter

#13     Dec 13, 2010
  4. Gyles

Gyles

With reference to your queries, please have a look below:

1) TradersStudio offers an easy to use programming wizard for non-programmers. It adopts a drop and drag interface by which you can write systems, tradeplans, functions, macros and many more.

2) The cost is $499. Please note that with all its features it offers, the cost is really a bargain alongwith with the well detailed printed manuals to help get you started quickly.

Please see the latest release here.

#14     Apr 6, 2011
  5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Tell me a bit more about what type of systems you want to develop and what markets you want to trade.

#15     Apr 8, 2011
  6. I have a system for us equities, and curious what you would charge to "back test" a few years for me... say 07-08

#16     Apr 26, 2011
  7. Best way to back test equity or option strategies, is Silexx Timebend. These is a premium customizable package for hedge funds. The least expensive way is through TD's TOS. There is a tab I think s called lookback.

If anyone needs more information on Timebend, shot me an e-mail.

Cheers,

#17     Apr 27, 2011
  8. What type of money are you talking w/ Silexx Timebend?

#18     Apr 28, 2011
  9. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Tell me a bit more, what timeframe daily , intra-day. Also who supplies the data.

#19     May 3, 2011
  10. See my post under: Journals; REW's US equity system

There are my trading rules etc.... I'm assuming I would need intra-day b/c of my stops/trailing stops.... see my post in the Journal section of elitetrader, all the info is there

thanks

#20     May 3, 2011