Best Anti Virus

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Tsing Tao, Apr 8, 2012.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

It is actually pretty good. I use it as well.

#71     Nov 17, 2012
  2. LisaDay

LisaDay

I use Unthreat, it's a free antivirus and it works pretty well. I haven't had a single virus since I downloaded it

#72     Nov 19, 2012
  3. vicirek

vicirek

Bitdefender 2013 is does not install properly on some systems (x64) and does not integrate well with Windows 8. There are multiple warnings from Windows and update might not work properly. Checking support shows issues with system crashes, corrupt downloads etc.

Do not recommend Bitdefender.

Windows Security Essentials integrates well with Windows (obvious) but Microsoft preventing me from easy use of the computer asking too many "security" questions, extra yes/no clicks/administrator privileges while letting malware to pass through their firewall and security scans. MS did not detect what others did.

What a mess with this so called security! I do not have time for this!

#73     Dec 24, 2012
  4. pemully

pemully

avast is just wicked.

#74     Dec 24, 2012
  5. i don't mean to start a fight on Christmas eve but what are you doing that gets you so many viruses that pass through MSE and/or your browser?

i've NEVER had a virus make it through my simple yet effective combo of firefox/adblock/noscript/MSE.

#75     Dec 24, 2012
  6. zdreg

zdreg

[​IMG]

#76     Dec 24, 2012
  7. Macfee's Last Stand

I love this classic Whore Psychology 101 quote from his teen "girlfriend":

Emshwiller, however, felt nothing for him. “I know how to control men,” she says. “I told him my story because I wanted him to feel sorry for me, and it worked.” All Emshwiller saw was an easy mark. “A millionaire in freaking Belize, where people work all day just to make a dime?” she says. “Who wouldn’t want to rob him?”

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/12/ff-john-mcafees-last-stand/

#77     Jan 3, 2013
  8. #78     Jan 8, 2013