Best Anti Virus

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Tsing Tao, Apr 8, 2012.

1. I switched from McAfee ( which missed several viruses in the past 6 months ) and installed Webroot. So far, I have not had any problems and it seems to run pretty thin.

I also run the Pro version of Malwarebytes.
    Seems to be a solid combo, so far!

#31     Jul 3, 2012
  2. vicirek

vicirek

Microsoft free antivirus. All other software has some issues working with Windows (surprise!). Since I have installed Microsoft product all memory leaks, hung ups, slow downs went away. How good is the antivirus part? Hope it is not bad as Bing!

#32     Jul 3, 2012
  3. +1. if you use MSE, firefox (or chrome), adblock plus and don't do anything stupid should be fine. 99% of problems are PICNIC related - prob in chair not in computer.

#33     Jul 4, 2012
  4. +1

I've been using ESET for over 5 years on my trading computers and household family computers... Minimum overhead. Completely reliable. Excellent product.

#34     Jul 22, 2012
  5. Aisone

Aisone

#35     Jul 26, 2012
  6. OnClose

OnClose

I run Avira and it seems to work good I've never had any viruses. I also run Malwarebytes and Spyware Terminator all free from download.com.

#36     Jul 27, 2012
  7. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

#37     Jul 27, 2012
  8. The best antivirus to me is your own brain (I don't have software).

As a computer geek (builder/programmer) I'll tell u the thing about virus codes:

Malcious code can be built faster/before someone can write a code to stop it. By the time AV progs can defend against new threats, user(s) have already been infected.

Of course if you have an AV prog then you are protected against the things that have been out in the public web for a while. Other than that... you are screwed. Most of the times I've gotten infected, I had anti virus prog.

If you browse normal websites, ones you regularly visit, ones that are safe, then you shouldn't have a problem. Scan files before use with online scanners. I've been clean now for 6+ months no problem. Ocassionally I will reformat just for the tidy clean up.

#38     Jul 27, 2012
  9. jp001

jp001

Switched to Kaspersky from Norton a year ago and have been happy with it. I wasn't very surprised to see it at the top of AV comparatives 2011 survey. Maybe not the leanest AV in the field, but it does its job, is nonintrusive, and doesn't slow my system down noticeably. All I'm looking for. Can be found for free after rebate if you shop around a little.

#39     Aug 3, 2012
  10. #40     Sep 4, 2012