Best and Worst CNBC Commercials

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TraderJimR, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Speaking of Maria B at the NYSE open, ever notice how she just stands there amongst everyone while the floor traders bump into her and have to dance around Her Majesty as she stands there bullsh*tting.

#51     Apr 30, 2002
  2. <i>while the floor traders bump into her</i>

And on very rare occasions, someone will be brave enough to cop a feel as they bump into her while she is live on the air. She will stop for a second, and turn and give them an "eat S and die" look that is, like the Mastercard ads say, priceless.

#52     Apr 30, 2002
  3. Thug - So is THAT's why every so often she pauses while she's yakking! I'll have to watch more closely tomorrow LOL

#53     Apr 30, 2002
  4. jammy

jammy

This is a funny thread, I'm enjoying reminiscing about some of these commercials.

Favorites: The amat commercial about how their chips are in everything. I always like the music to that one. Anyone know what the name of the song was? The Bull/Bear commercials are good. Also liked the etrade ones about "times have changed."

Hates: I think its the Brown Trading company commercial with some dude talking himself getting good prices because he deserves it and he works hard, while he practices yoga and karate in the background. That dude sounds too full of himself. The stupid duck in the aflac commercial is quite biting on the nerves.

#54     Apr 30, 2002
  5. This goes back about 3 years :

I was watching CNBC once when that Bitch Maria actually had the nerve to yell at one of the floor brokers for getting in front her camera while she was live . It was a short time after that , that I did not see her for a while and was hoping that they canned her . I am pretty sure she got a lot of heat for that display of total disregard as to who really belongs on that trading floor.

She is a female Cramer or maybe it is visa versa.

#55     Apr 30, 2002
  6. VOLUME

VOLUME

O.K., so the last few Aflac commercials suck. But the first one with the two guys talking on the park bench, and behind them the guy on a bike runs into a tree and flips over the handle bars is absolutely hysterical.

#56     Apr 30, 2002
  7. Kymar

Kymar

The confused EMTs and the guy who doesn't understand why they're so interested in him - they leave - and then the chainsaw-wielding monkey comes screaming out of the bushes...

Wasn't that SYNC is everything? That company still exist? Someone ripped off essentially the same idea for the commercial with the guy who doesn't respond when his girlfriend says she loves him...

if it was anyone but MSFT, those "flying" Windows XP ads would have been charming...

Somewhere in the country there's a great University class where they do nothing but watch and analyze these commercials...

#57     Apr 30, 2002
  8. VOLUME

VOLUME

Three guys are walking into a meeting and the first guy smashes his head into a file cabinet, then his "backup" leans over the desk and slips on a piece of paper and cracks his jaw on the table.

#58     Apr 30, 2002
  9. VOLUME

VOLUME

I just realized that most of my favorite commercials involve some sort of pain or severe injury. Maybe it has some correlation with the Naz market makers taking turns trying to stomp me in the nuts?

Have fun making money tomorrow!!!

#59     Apr 30, 2002
  10. Another good one- The big frog with Joan Jett playing in the background while the life story scrolls by.

Another bad one-It was for one of those zero commission online brokers. These three guys in spandex bodysuits are jumping around. Two guys in blue are trying to knock down the guy in red(or was it two guys in red?)

Investors Business Daily sets the record for replaying the same commercial over and over. You know, the one with Jack Kemp babbling incoherently about a revolution or something. They played that for like ten years! They're finally running a new one. Basically the same, but now there's a black guy in it. Actually, I like the paper. If I was only going to subscribe to one thing, that would be it.

I can't believe no one commented on my previous post about midget tossing in Chicago. I guess you just can't shock anybody anymore(Been there-tossed that):D

#60     May 1, 2002