Best and Worst CNBC Commercials

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TraderJimR, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Rigel

Rigel

Worst
    The banal voiced individual driving out of the tunnel that says to invest with such and such a major brokerage so "You'll be ready when tomorrow turns into a better day." BARF!!

#31     Apr 30, 2002
  2. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

How about the guy that checks his stock and it's up like 1000000 million dollars. So he runs upstairs to tell his boss to basically "f" off and comes back down to his computer to see his stock cratered back to the same level it was at before. Then he runs back up to his boss to tell him he was kidding..I think we've all that look on our face at least once in our careers : )

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO...AHHHH CRAAAAPPP why didn't I sell?

Chris

#32     Apr 30, 2002
  3. cable_guy

cable_guy

when the guy is being rushed in the hospital and the doctor says "This man has money coming out the WAZOO" I believe this was e-trade....

#33     Apr 30, 2002
  4. aura0663

aura0663

Snake -could you explain "cow tipping"-this went over my head

#34     Apr 30, 2002
  5. I believe that cow tipping is pushing them over. I don't think you would try this with a bull.

#35     Apr 30, 2002
  6. aura0663

aura0663

Why would you push a cow over??

#36     Apr 30, 2002
  7. I guess that's what give the small-town folks excitement.

#37     Apr 30, 2002
  8. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

The Money out the Wazoo" trade is still about my favorite.

"Get this man a private Room! He has money coming out the wazoo!"

Every morning I walk around a lake near the house where there are a bunch of ducks and I just can't help thinking "AFLAC" whenever one of them approaches me.

#38     Apr 30, 2002
  9. Another dumb ad was the one for XRX copiers with the 1960's-look egghead peering into the copier saying, "Hey Ben! Come here! (Duh, I've never seen the inside of a copier before, look there's actually something inside!)".

A really nice one was the Mercedes C-Class with the lady whose eyeballs turned into hearts, the whistling teapots, the parking meter spewing out coins, etc. Very nice background music, too.

#39     Apr 30, 2002
  10. To get to the udder side!:D

Lobster

#40     Apr 30, 2002