Best and Worst CNBC Commercials

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TraderJimR, Apr 29, 2002.

1. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

CyberCorps fighter jet trading pilots was one that put me in tears with laughter. can't remember the dialogue..small favors I guess.

#21     Apr 29, 2002
  2. VOLUME

VOLUME

"The worst commericals all came from 1999, imo...All of those sit at home, make a ton of money while cleaning the house, changing the diapers, etc, etc...Almost every commercial that was on the air for six months was so full of hype it was nauseating...Glad those days are long long gone... "

I loved those commercials. That little fat kid with red hair and freckles(he played the catcher in "Sandlot", and the little brother in "Son in Law"..with Pauly Shore.) Anyway, he comes home late and his parents ground him and say,"didn't we tell you not to park your helicopter on the front lawn!!!" I think it was E*trade.

P.S.--I also liked when stocks traded with a spread...and fifty cents was "a move", not a daily range.

Have fun making money tomorrow...

#22     Apr 29, 2002
  3. aura0663

aura0663

If I ever see that damn Aflac duck running around my neighborhood squawking, it's gonna end up on my dinner table

#23     Apr 29, 2002
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

My favorite was the First Union commercials. Remember those? They made about two or three of them. They took place in the future in NY and had incredible special effects. That's because George Lucas produced them for about 50 million each. That's right, 50 million. That's when you knew the market was putting in a top when a second tier bank like First Union is paying George Lucas 50 million to make futuristic state of the art banking commercials. But wow, what a commercial. It's funny I don't see First Union doing any advertising anymore.

#24     Apr 29, 2002
  5. Interesting topic, this is! Here's a few of my own:

Favorites: Ameritrade "nobody likes a talking steak" bull & bear having lunch. The E-Trade daytrader jumping out the window. "Holy Schmoley" - The man who awakens from coma with the Porsche Boxster. The AMAT commercials showing the kids at home using all the semiconductor-equipped toys (nice music). The Cybertrader one with the college student who comes across his friends discussing Bollinger Bands, stochastics, depth of market, etc and hasn't a friggin' clue as to what they're talking about and makes an ass of himself in the process. I think there were 2 ads in that series, the other one with the cow chewing on grass in his head. LOVED that one!

Worst: The Ameritrade *whiner* who overpaid 5c due to slippage. That blue-shirted geek doing those MyTrack dances with the airport light sticks and the flash cards, although the music was catchy. The Boeing commercial with that obnoxious repetitive chattering music. Any Datek commercial, especially the salmon one and the Clark Kent geek carrying orders manually through a maze.

#25     Apr 29, 2002
  6. The Island Commercial

This guy has a ton of computers allover the place and is trading like a madman. The computer setup looks cool, but I can't imagine anyone trading like that. Which ET trader did they model that commercial after?

Mike

#26     Apr 30, 2002
  7. rdeux2

rdeux2

Always loved the one where people parked their cars and if they tapped the car in front of them, they would get out and run for the hills before the car blew up! :D

#27     Apr 30, 2002
  8. perr

perr

the bull and cow ?? :confused: the bull and the bear!!!:D the
    bear all the way.

#28     Apr 30, 2002
  9. Scott Krieger, oversleeps, has to smell his dirty shirts to find the one that smells the least, falls asleep at the wheel, picks up a Wall Street Journal to cover himself from the rain, gets into an elevator and says that the Journal is a lifesaver, some bigshot named Paula offers him a VP job of the Northeast operations, all the time the real VP of Northeast operations has this stupid scared look on his face at the back of the elevator.

Isn't this how things really happen in life?

#29     Apr 30, 2002
  10. Worst: The guy is having lunch with his friend talking about his
    crappy stocks and his friend keeps saying "Same boat?"
    "What are you talking about ?"

The Aflac duck is getting really old.

Best: The bull and bear is a good one, and yes, I think the bull's
    voice is Chris Elliot. Oh, and the quote is, "Tipping is for
    cows." I know because I actually went cow tipping in High
    School. Yes, Indiana is boring.

Cybertrader has a new one about fainting goats.
    Its bizarre.

#30     Apr 30, 2002