Best advisor on Elite

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Champion, Sep 23, 2005.

1. I have seen star ratings based on the number of contributions, but not ratings based on the subjective opinion of the community of posters. Anyway, it's a great idea.

#31     Sep 27, 2005
  2. What I saw was a system of rating stars based on complains and praisings.

I think this is was Babak meant and sure is an excellent idea.

#32     Sep 27, 2005
  3. domi93

domi93

MCURTO

#33     Sep 27, 2005
  4. This is a great idea. Baron, I hope you can give implement it.

#34     Sep 27, 2005
  5. wabrew

wabrew

Spydertrader,

Bitstream, FT 71

and many others

This is a great site - it is easy to ignore the goofs

#35     Sep 27, 2005
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

are you serious :confused:

#36     Sep 27, 2005
  7. omniscient

omniscient Guest

i think there would be some slanted ratings and not necessarily based on trading acumen.

for example, i know some people don't take to the way steve46 posts, but he has been very helpful to me and i have learned valuable trading insights through his posts. same with Lefty. there are others, but these two were the first that came to my mind.

obviously, i suspect the most likely to experience this type of subjectivity would be Jack/Grob. the people who get what he has to say would rate him 5 stars out of 5. his detractors, 0 out of 5, most likely. so that means he would probably get an 'average' rating even though the actual number of 'average' ratings would be very low - he would live in the extremes.

anyway, i agree the concept has merit and purpose, though its implementation and application may end up skewed.

well, i guess that's my $0.02 for the day. great, there goes today's profit :D

take care :)

omni

#37     Sep 27, 2005
  8. Holmes

Holmes

9. While reading this thread I can't help but think to myself about these "Best Advisors"....I guess when you have alot it's easy to share. You can't buy respect it has to be given....and to that you have gotten mine.

I am a part-time trader (I hate that word) when my work life allows me to do so and at time will visit this forum. Just remember that your words are not gone by unappreciated.

To the Best Advisors on this board, consider this as one of your good trades...not so much in $$$ but in graditude.

#39     Oct 5, 2005
  10. I have learnt many things on Options from Optioncoach

#40     Oct 5, 2005