Best Advice You Could Give A Beginner?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kteira, Dec 27, 2019.

1. padutrader

padutrader

the most dangerous enemy is self doubt.

you must believe that you can understand the market.

that the market moves rationally and not because of emotion or randomness.

you must believe that there is a secret sauce and that you can find it you search correctly and long enough.

i never lost that belief, even after i lost 12 years, more than 100000 usd and also every ones' faith in me.

i never lost faith even though all traders in ET said there was no secret sauce and that i was a troll and an idiot.

i never lost faith in myself.

and now i know i was right in not doing so.

then you will see the treasure that you have always craved

#31     Dec 28, 2019
  2. Howard

Howard

- The best advice would be to give up.

- The second best advice is this:

Those who know something worthwhile does not usually share it while those who don't know anything worthwhile beyond general platitudes dispense their advice freely. What this means is that any mentoring or advice you will receive is likely from someone who's not yet successful themselves.

If, despite all this, you decide to give it a go...

Set yourself up for 3-5 years of dedicated studies before you start to actually trade. You should really know what you're doing before you start risking money. Learn the market as it is and don't trust anyone or anything you haven't tested and verified for yourself.

#32     Dec 28, 2019
    drcruz likes this.
  3. ironchef

ironchef

You all should read @kteira's profile before you posted.

#33     Dec 28, 2019
  4. ironchef

ironchef

Sorry to correct you. Before, you said you lost $300,000 USD, not $100,000.

#34     Dec 28, 2019
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

One post and we get 4 pages of response.

"Best Advice You Could Give A Beginner?"

...........use ET's search function
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    EDIT:
    237 threads have "BEGINNER" in the title alone.
    _________________________________________________________________________________

Showing results 1 to 20 of 237
    Search Results for Query: beginner

Best Advice You Could Give A Beginner?

Hi to the people that do happen to read this, I'm quite new to trading and I’ve saved a bunch of videos to my watch later on youtube concerning...

Thread by: kteira, Dec 27, 2019 at 11:06 AM, 35 replies, in forum: Trading
    beginner technical analysis

Good Morning, I was wondering if someone can help me interpret this chart? I'm a beginning trader. Is this an ascending triangle? or a pointed...

Thread by: Votke2310, Aug 18, 2019, 17 replies, in forum: Technical Analysis
    Beginner needing help.

New to this other than demo accounts and reading. I have good results from demo accounts but paranoid it will change when I go real money. I'm...

Thread by: Decoy, Jun 15, 2019, 21 replies, in forum: Trading
    Are you an expert when you win, a beginner if you lose?

...where they make an endless amount of money at the beginning. Many beginner traders tend to gain profit at the start not knowing the importance...

Thread by: nasdogster, May 7, 2019, 11 replies, in forum: Journals
    Beginner Question on Line Charts

Hi Guys, I often notice that on yahoo finance and Interactive brokers, the line chart does not hit the listed high or low of the day. I thought...

Thread by: tellerd66, Apr 30, 2019, 4 replies, in forum: Technical Analysis
    Advisor for beginner : useful ?

Hello all ! I am clearly a beginner and not used to this world and was thinking about asking advice about securities in the Bahamas. I have a few...

Thread by: Rojapito, Nov 14, 2018, 0 replies, in forum: Professional Trading
    Beginner Stock Trader - Strategy + Help Request

Hello all, I am a fairly new investor and looking to do some active trading. My main portfolio isn't doing great (very heavily invested in...

Thread by: kbrown84, Jul 3, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Trading
    Shorting stock in non-base currency - beginner trying to understand the FX mechanics of short sales

Hi, I have a very beginner question that relates to stock. I haven't found a beginner section. Please re-route my post to the respective forum...

Thread by: pun1, Apr 21, 2018, 2 replies, in forum: Order Execution
    Where should a beginner begin?

...obsession). So any recommendations for sound resources to get a beginner off on the right foot? Begin with order flow? Support:resistance?...

Thread by: tortoise, Jan 1, 2018, 86 replies, in forum: Trading
    0 bid price on an option? (beginner)

Hello, I'm looking at a slightly out of the money sell-to-open covered call for a few weeks from now. It has this: 0 bid, $0.65 ask, 1000 open...

Thread by: stockmarketbeginner, Nov 6, 2017, 12 replies, in forum: Options
    covered call loss example - is this correct? (beginner)

Hello, I am reading about about how you can "buy back" a covered call you sold. You would do this if the stock is losing value and you want to...

Thread by: stockmarketbeginner, Nov 4, 2017, 6 replies, in forum: Options
    Beginner seeking guidance

...I haven’t considered, but should? Any common mistakes to avoid? Beginners don’t know what they don’t know, and that’s what hurts them. I’ve no...

Thread by: Bennny, Sep 5, 2017, 66 replies, in forum: Trading
    Beginner in selling Bull Put Spread

Hi, my name is Magane:rolleyes: from Montreal Canada and I am the new girl around options strategies.... By the way, excuse my English since I am...

Thread by: Megane, Aug 20, 2017, 113 replies, in forum: Options
    Getting started - beginner part time trader

Hi, I am new in the trading world. Can you please help me with following questions? Which platform should I use for charts and technical analysis...

Thread by: YP88, Aug 14, 2017, 18 replies, in forum: Trading
    Swing trading as a beginner

Hi everyone. I recently started looking into swing trading. As a 20 Y/O I do not care about living out of the market, as long as I increase my...

Thread by: Curien3, Aug 8, 2017, 19 replies, in forum: Trading
    Beginner question - please recommend a market

Greetings, I am sorry if this has been posted before, I did use the search function but did not find a thread that would answer my questions. I...

Thread by: ajo123, Jun 6, 2017, 36 replies, in forum: Trading
    Beginner trying to program

...started. The thing is, I have no idea where to start! Being a beginner at this is an understatement. I know I am able to teach myself how to...

Thread by: Robby Luca, May 30, 2017, 20 replies, in forum: Programming
    [total beginner question] Can't find FDAX quote on Google Finance

Hey guys, I'm total beginner. :) While Yahoo has quotes of both the DAX and FDAX (I think), Google Finance seemingly only has a quote of the DAX....

Thread by: kiuri, Feb 24, 2017, 6 replies, in forum: Index Futures
    Beginner question about VIX futures

Hello, I have a beginner question for futures on the VIX. I have found the below example info. Pricing – Mini-VIX June VIX – VMM0 @ 26.90 =...

Thread by: Derrenoption, Jan 21, 2017, 9 replies, in forum: Index Futures
    a beginner's attempt at the pairs

I'm adding forex to my ever growing portfolio, so I'm going to take a stab at trading a few pairs in a small account set up for just this purpose....

Thread by: big mac, Nov 15, 2016, 522 replies, in forum: Forex

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    #35     Dec 28, 2019
    ironchef likes this.
  6. padutrader

padutrader

the trend is your friend.

look for a friend....you will find many...….you will get confused.....just pick one ….stay with him till he gets jittery and behaves erratic....leave him find another

you will find many trends ..some will be 2 bars long, some 5 some 15, some 20 some 100 some 400....pick one and stay till they behave erratic….then leave.
    this the simplest …...do not read books they will take you to a place called Wonderland where a girl called Alice was lost forever...….you will be too

#36     Dec 28, 2019
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Female, London, pull mode activated LOL

#37     Dec 28, 2019
  8. padutrader

padutrader

I lost more than 100000, maybe 300000, I stopped counting after 100000,

just like I stopped counting after 1000 books.

but this thread is not about my demise.
    this thread is about the best advice I can give to a beginner.

that advice does not change even for an experienced trader.

get in a trend,whether it's 4 bars long or 50 or 20000

get out, when it ends or weakens .

do this thing.

it may not be simple but do it...….you will see yourself dancing to the bank all the time

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    #38     Dec 28, 2019
  9. The notion of TA includes much more (in this case, "more" is not better) than Price TA... like volume and complex patterns.

KISS, as always.

#39     Dec 28, 2019
  10. notagain

notagain

ERTrend indicator on TOS on 5 minute NQ chart, set on auto long, short always in market
    It's not great, but helps you see when momentum could continue.
    Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 11.47.29 PM.png

#40     Dec 28, 2019