Best Advice You Could Give A Beginner?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kteira, Dec 27, 2019.

1. kteira

kteira

Hi to the people that do happen to read this,
    I'm quite new to trading and I’ve saved a bunch of videos to my watch later on youtube concerning the topic. It does seem a bit hard but I really want to learn how to trade within a year. I don’t care if I have to push myself and miss out of hours of sleep, it’s something that i’m passionate about, but I don’t really know where to start. I understand stocks and how there are many different ways of reading them, but how do I actually trade? It’s a vague question I know. But how do I make sure that when I actually start trading with actual money, I do get (even if it’s $5) back??? I’ve read Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki, which is more about investing, which is also of interest to me. I am quite scared, because I have heard that most traders are successful in the beginning, but eventually the cookie crumbles. I'm young, reckless, I do spend my money on silly stuff, but you have to fall to rise right?

In short, how do I trade and how do I read the trading apps/websites such as plus500 or metatrader??

2. %%
    Get a good personal library + or library card or both. William O Neil/IBD founder is still good............................................................................................................................

Cmoss, drcruz and Sprout like this.
  3. Suggest spending 90% of your money on women and booze. (The rest, it's OK to squander.)

Joking aside... learn "Price Technical Analysis". Best chance you have at success.

4. smallfil

smallfil

Too many get hooked on making monies easily and think they know everything. Take caution to the winds. Remember one thing if you remember one thing only. That you are trading against the best traders and hedge funds with deep pockets. You will never beat them. Better to trade with them than, against them.

drcruz, birdman, SimpleMeLike and 2 others like this.
  5. %%
    That could work, if he works well/years;
    NOT with bitcon, i was referring to a real market like stocks/ETFs.LOL:D:D, :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  6. imjohn

imjohn

I think a year is overly ambitious, and recklessness is something to solve along the way.

Keep in mind, degreed fields have a clear timeline/curriculum, X amount of years schooling, then find a job and start earning. But trading has no clear timeline/syllabus/course material. You'll likely have to navigate a ton of shit that won't work (for you) before you are able to piece together something that does work. If you succeed, expect it to take years. Ask yourself if the destination is worth multiple years, and why.

7. I suspect Price TA would work even with BTC... except for the high volatility which virtually negates risk control.

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. Nobert

Nobert

Best tip for the beginner :

Stay away from Plus500.
    CFDs only.
    (CFD in general as a product)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  9. %%
    Funny;
    not that a fake bitcon move means anything.[Partial disclosure, my banker dad paid about $5 X2 ,,so WE saW a con movie ""THE STING'' LOL....................................................................................................................]

10. Hello kteria,

Welcome above the trading journey. Trading is a good career.

Here is my opinion:

1. Determine what style of trading you want to do. Day Trading or Swing Trading.
    2. If Day Trading, find books or trading courses on day trading.
    3. If Swing Trading, find books or trading course on swing trading.
    4. Find a mentor. This is normally through a trading course or online.

Also, look into trading futures, not just stocks.

I am learning Price Action concepts and chart reading for intraday trading.

Currently I am finding a trading style that fits my time schedule and personality.

#10     Dec 27, 2019
    murray t turtle and ironchef like this.