best 3rd party platform that works with mac?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by johnpalley, Jan 24, 2010.

1. i cant find any platforms for the life of me. anyone know any for macs? if so which ones the best?

2. I don't yet own a mac, but I did the research and plan on getting own soon - I'd get VM Fusion by VMware... save yourself the hassle of trying to find a Mac ready platform.

Its like $60 now.

3. thanks for the response psytrade but i already tried that and tested it out with quotetracker and it doesnt work good like that. theres alot of lag time. i can get away with what im doing now because ive got power etrade pro free for another few months but sooner or later i need a good 3rd party platform thats meant for a mac. worst case senario il have to pay $30 a month for markettrader through etrade but it only lets me use a maximum of 2 charts. i just cant believe theres not one out there? no one knows one?

tell you the truth the only things i need is a good level 2 that also gives the time and sales of the trades that just got executed and i need to be able to see 3-4 line charts at the same time with the volume in green and red. thats the only things i need if someone knows a service.

4. You might try Virtual Box by Sun same concept. I ran Ninja Trader and charts no problems with it on Linux, same concept though, VM. Only issue I had was connecting DTN IQ.

Fire tip, from Farr Financial works since its java based, or so I have heard.

5. thanks dandxg but i dont wanna run it like that. if a platform isnt meant for a mac then i dont wanna run it. you guys sound like one doesnt exist. do i have no options?

6. Nothing Mac specific I know of.

7. thanks anyway dandxg. if anyone knows one please post. it looks like il probably just have to pay for etrade markettrader.

8. zltrader

zltrader

ZLT ( www.zerolinetrader.com ) supports MAC, Linux and Windows.

9. thanks

10. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

Last week we released a version of R | API for .NET and for MAC. I expect some screen providers to make use of it soon.

#10     Jan 24, 2010