Best 1920x1200 resolution laptop???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sunggong, Oct 16, 2007.

1. I'm sure someone here on ET owns a laptop with an 1920x1200 resolution (WUXGA) screen.

What brand do you own and how do you like it?

I want to be able to trade using the exact same screen configuration that I have at home on my 24" monitor, so the 17" laptop with 1920x1200 is the answer.

Anyone?

Thanks.

2. I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 with that screen. That's a 2-yr old machine. Dell's screens are very good.

3. gnome

gnome

They are all high quality panels, so all will be good. Suggest you try the Brite Screen.

A couple of years ago, a friend was looking into the Inspiron 9300. I told him to be sure to get the Brite Screen, even though it was more $$$. He has thanked me a few times for that rec.

That screen has probably the tightest dot pitch of any display. That, with the Brite Screen... and you might claim it's the sharpest display you've ever seen. That's likely a good thing consider the small size of text.

4. That's a good info. Thanks.

I don't have any problem paying a little extra for better panel quality.

5. YoungOne

YoungOne

6. Weight is really not an issue for me, so I prefer an 17" inch.

Thanks though. It looks pretty good, except that it's not 17".

7. gnome

gnome

That's the first I've seen of WUXGA in a 15" display. That's got to be even tighter than the 17", though you might need to carry a magnifying glass to read text.

8. YoungOne

YoungOne

Haha, yeah me too I've never seen such a thing. But hey, maybe you get the best of both worlds. Small laptop and high resolution. Too bad alienware doesn't have a store to go check it out.

9. TOM134

TOM134

songgong,

..."Enhance Your Scene with Your Choice of Screen:

Experience the breathtaking visuals generated by the NP5791’s advanced graphics system on the screen of your choice. We offer screen selections for every need including the 17” WSXGA+ (1650x1050) Matted or Glare-Type, or 17” WUXGA (1920x1200) Glare-Type".......

http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=10641

I hope this helps.

Tom

10. Best to get atmost 1680x1080 on 15inch laptop.

One pixel wide lines drawn on 1920x1200 at 15 inch are very thin. Friend bought a laptop, likes to buy the highest spec parts to satisfy his ego, regretted buying 1920x1200 on a 15 inch laptop, blamed dell, saying they shouldnt do that res on 15inch.

1920x1200 should be ok on a 17incher.

#10     Oct 16, 2007