Besides the fact that capitalism

Discussion in 'Economics' started by rowenwood, Dec 9, 2003.

1. and I have a rigth to my opinion just as the last to people who posted to this thread have rights to their short sighted, and what I consider ignorant, thoughts.

#41     Dec 10, 2003
  2. madf

madf

on bulletin boards is the last refuge of those losing the argument...

#42     Dec 10, 2003
  3. even when there are 60 billion?

No, most men are living liives not worth living.

#43     Dec 10, 2003
  4. It is funny how you have gone from posting intelligent-sounding opinions to spewing boring defensive insults.

Anyway, I have a few questions for you:
    1. Do you even trade? Your opinions don't sound like that of a person who is a profitable trader, because capitalism is what gives traders a job. If you don't trade, why are you here?
    2. You are an artist. Do you recieve government grants for your art from us evil log-killing and polluting bastard capitalists? I am sure there are the VERY few exceptions, but I have never seen a successful LIVING artist who makes it without government aid.
    3. How are you going to change the world without pissing it off? Those log-killers, pollution-machine-makers, and obese people are called Americans. They are the majority. And they are concerned only with themselves.

Oh, and please tell me how to build a house without causing any pollution, ecosystem damage, or permanent landscape defecement. It is not possible.

Long live the capitalist bastards:D

#44     Dec 10, 2003

5. 60 billion? Excuse me, but which planet do you live on?

#45     Dec 10, 2003
  6. madf

madf

wot about the wimmin?

#46     Dec 10, 2003
  7. If I were you I wouldn't be so proud of being part of the masses because historically, the masses have often been proven wrong.

You obviously find this debate or arguement intersting becuase you're continuing to partake.

1. yes I trade. I'm up 50% sice June. I was up 200% last month. I began investing in stocks in June. I don't day trade, probably never will.

2. My career as an artist is in its infancy. Last year I was offered a place to study at what is regarded as the best art school in the world, Goldsmiths College of the University of London. No I don't take government grants, I have an upper middle class family that supports my endeavors. Also I'm nearing an end in a real estate training program; soon I'll be an appraiser, and an agent.

3. I don't usually speak my mind. I keep a generic facade (man in the grey suit). My appearance, and abilty to express myself in at least a semi-sophisticated manner, allows me to befriend many people who philosophically I despise. I'm not the kind of tree hugger that throws himself across roads or pickets coat shops, I plan to beat big business through big business.

Houses can in fact be built with reprocessed recycled materials. There are many examples of this though I can only refer you to Dwell magazine which often showcases new innovations of eco-friendly building.

#48     Dec 10, 2003

8. Eleven pages of posts already? Come on, people! The originator of this thread sought to invoke outrage, and you played right into his hands. The first sentence of his first post says everything I need to know in order to make my next move: change channels.

#49     Dec 10, 2003
  9. Wonder why there are so many starving artists.

If ya want a company, I'll be posting rates and people's names in about a month. You can piggy back off the info I'll provide to lay the ground work. :D

#50     Dec 10, 2003