Berniennials United

Discussion in 'Politics' started by elderado, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

2. carrer

carrer

Nice and slick maneuvering. But not everyone is dumb to not see through your hypocrisy.

#52     Aug 31, 2019
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

learn to read, imbecile, then you can be one step closer to my level on discussing anything.

#53     Aug 31, 2019
  4. elderado

elderado

[​IMG]

#54     Sep 3, 2019
    smallfil and TreeFrogTrader like this.
  5. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

Athletic departments at large schools typically pay their university for the scholarships they hand out. They're able to do this because most power 5 level schools generate $100M or more in revenue from football & basketball. Smaller schools may be different.

I agree with the majority of what you've posted in this thread. Parents & guidance counselors need to help kids count the cost of their decisions prior to entering college. It's hard for me to believe that we would have as many people graduating with mountains of debt and worthless degrees if they fully understood the implications of their decisions.

#55     Sep 3, 2019
  6. I agree. How many people sat down a HS senior and asked them what they was to study or do as a career to create an opportunity to teach them. If they say they want to major in History then have an open conversation with them about what they can do with it, what are their career goals and balance that with the debt they are looking to incur (in the spring after they are accepted). Make sure they consider maybe doing their interest as a MINOr and using a major in something more realistic and linked to a better career path based on their interest.

Etc. Etc..

Only problem with my idea is there are no resources or personnel to truly do this at schools across the country.

Parents who should do that as well are failing.

What Dems fail to realize is that there is no political solution to private school debt. So it is all bullshit talk and whiney graduates looking for an out.

Real solution is focus funds and loans for students at local community and state schools and even some online for practical careers. If you want to be a nutritionist, dont go to GW for $160,000 minimum of tuition for 4 years when you can get detailed learning and accreditation from.various unlike programs for maybe $20k.total.

#56     Sep 4, 2019
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

He's El Matador, just like Ricter was.

[​IMG]

#57     Sep 4, 2019
    carrer likes this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

#58     Sep 4, 2019
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#59     Sep 4, 2019
  10. "As an April Fools joke, Coursera offered an online course on underwater basket weaving as of April 1, 2013. The class was supposed to "consist of short lecture and demonstration videos, between 8 and 10 minutes in length, short quizzes, and practical weaving exercises."[29] However, the joke is seen by some as being disrespectful of indigenous cultures, and the joke designer issued an apology which was posted on the Coursera class page for "Aboriginal Worldviews and Education." The apology read, in part, "By posting the course and video, we were not intending to be disrespectful to indigenous cultures, and we sincerely apologize to anyone we offended by the content of our video."[30]"

Oh my God when did we become such pussies...

Also when did indigenous cultures engage in underwater basket weaving?!?!

#60     Sep 4, 2019
    Banjo likes this.