Bernie is already blowing up the stock market.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WeToddDid2, Apr 17, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

UHC and others will absolutely lose half their mcap when Medicare for all relegates then to Medicare coinsurance. I've been posting that message for two years.

#31     Apr 18, 2019
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

My biotech portfolio bled for months on a potential Hilary shoe-in

#32     Apr 18, 2019
  3. kingjelly

kingjelly

I would agree to the wall, give up asylum laws, birthright, etc if we could just get this done.

#33     Apr 18, 2019
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I understand (and agree) that the system pays for the care regardless of whether or not it is put under the government. However, by regulating the payments, you can at least control the insane inflation on it and inconsistent pricing a lot better as it is regulated. Right now, its the Wild West. You and I are paying for it with ridiculous rising medical costs when those who are uninsured are getting a free ride. At least, once regulated, the burden of cost is shared equally.

#34     Apr 22, 2019
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Retail is being killed by Amazon and like companies, not tariffs.

#35     Apr 22, 2019
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

Except retail was rallying along with Amazon pre-tariffs

#36     Apr 22, 2019
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, holy cow, look at that tariff effect.

upload_2019-4-22_11-2-0.png

Almost looks like the whole market was correlated or something. That's weird.

#37     Apr 22, 2019
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

upload_2019-4-22_11-3-50.png

#38     Apr 22, 2019
  9. smallfil

smallfil

The problem with government is you now add layers of bureaucrats making 6 or 7 figures doing little if anything and that is why the government running anything results in very huge deficits year after year! The way to control rising medical costs is more competition much like what happened to car insurance. When I started driving in 1992 in the US, I had to pay very high insurance premiums and deductibles being a new driver. Now, I pay much, much less because there are so many insurance companies now competing for car insurance. Do the same with these insurance companies providing healthcare and costs will go down! The reason it is so expensive with Obamacare now in place is they favored a few insurance companies without any real competition! Unions got into it figuring, they can collect union dues to pay for their officials huge salaries and perks by unionizing all the support people working for hospitals to boot! Add to that the subsidies majority of us are paying so that, a select few get subsidies and pay cheap health insurance while, the rest of us pay sky high premiums and deductibles!

#39     Apr 22, 2019
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You add the layers of bureaucrats regardless of whether it is at the government level or the private insurance company level. Competition helps, but in the medical insurance industry the cabal of a few large corporations is very difficult to break in the free market. The risk profile cannot be compared to car insurance, it is much, much higher in frequency and at the cost of claim level. Small companies cannot become health insurance providers. All they can do is resell the policy and pony off the risk.

#40     Apr 22, 2019