Bernie 2020

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TreeFrogTrader, Dec 24, 2019.

1. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Wow! Bernie supporters seem stable. These are the type of people running screaming about fascist.

#521     Apr 9, 2020
  2. elderado

elderado

"Bernie" is a fraudulent cult led by a fraud. The Bernie cultists are just delusional.

#522     Apr 9, 2020
  3. Those are just fringe extremists just like Trump had in his camp. They are loud but small and serve no purpose, have no power, and have no effect on actual politics.

Not even worth covering. If a few loons want to kill themselves over this then a few less candidates for corona clogging the system.

#523     Apr 9, 2020
  4. I wonder how many Bernie supporters will be switching over to support Biden and will be out on a brisk early November morning to put Biden flyers on the windshields of cars right before the election.

But then again, how many Biden supporters will be out campaigning for Biden or making calls? Are we going to see young starry eyed college students calling people and telling them that Joe Biden has been in DC for 50 years so he is the person we need to bring about change. womp....womp...womp.

The dems best hope is with this mail-in ballot scam where they can do as Obama and Soros did which was to hire an army of ACORN workers to hand out free cigarettes or something if they return their ballot. Or you can go with the plan that Los Angeles had - not sure it was implemented - where the mayor wanted to run a scam where you could register for a free big screen TV (none of this little shiite, mind you) if you voted.

#524     Apr 9, 2020
    smallfil likes this.
  5. I may be the only person who from the beginning said Bernie was just a blip and he was going to fall off by end of March. His movement had no real staying power just like it did in 2016 when he bent over and bowed out.

No no they said....he will ride this all the way to the convention and disrupt it....not one the majority of the country will not vote for you...plain and simple.

In 2020, he made a lot of noise initially and then got his ass creamed in the first REAL primary, not some bullshit one in Iowa or NH with no real representation.

The only people who still keep lifting Bernie up and making him relevant are GOP supporters.

He is done for for good and no more bullshit speeches from him.

#525     Apr 9, 2020
  6. smallfil

smallfil

Latest report is the Bernie Sanders is still collecting delegates till the Democrat Convention where they hope to force Joe Biden into accepting Medicare for All among his positions. This should get interesting as Bernie Sanders supporters, the most rabid of them said they will not support Joe Biden if he does not include their demands on his platform. I wonder what the Joe Biden voters have to say about that? I have a feeling a lot of Democrats on Bernie Sanders side will stay home and not vote at all. That is certainly, positive news for the rest of us.

#526     Apr 9, 2020
  7. Nope. You are trying too hard to be right about something.

You said he would drop out and I said that the fact that he got crushed on supertuesday and could not win would not keep him from dicking around long, long after that.

Now we find that Bernie is just suspending and holding on to his delegates. Why is he holding on to the delegates for any reason other than dicking around beyond April 1 as I said he would?

Since Bernie has not dropped out yet, it is getting to be a bit late for you to be right about him dropping out by April 1.

#527     Apr 9, 2020
  8. I was right about him NOT MATTERING.

You still feel he holds importance and CHIPS in this battle.

I say his influence and power have vanished and are gone forever...

#528     Apr 9, 2020
  9. I am more talking about being right that he does not matter anymore...never really did beyond a noise maker.

He can decide to drop out now or later but it does not matter.

His fate was sealed on Super Tuesday, it is up to him to decide how long he wants to pretend he has influence.

Most people still proppping him up and bringing him up are GOP...

He could stay in until the convention in August if he wants, just spending all those poor people's money he claims to represent. hypocrites.

#529     Apr 9, 2020
  10. I think some conservatives are underestimating Biden's chances against Trump. Biden is doing better than Hillary did against Bernie and he's making more of an effort to reach out to Bernie's supporters. Just look at MI where he won by double digits while Hillary lost that state to Bernie. Hillary basically expected Bernie to bow down to her when she won the nomination. She felt entitled to his supporters despite showing disdain for them. Joe is at least trying to make more concessions to his platform for them. Fair or not, Hillary was an extremely unlikable candidate. Not to mention the country is 4 years younger than it was in 2016. Young people don't vote at the rates of older voters, but when they're going +20 for one candidate while the 4 years of the 65+ crowd going +8 for Trump dies off, it's going to make a difference. I also don't think there's going to be a ton of Hillary to Trump voters. Trump has done basically nothing to expand his base which allowed him to win by a nose hair in 2016. He can't even run on the economy anymore. His election strategy at this point is try to get likely Biden voters to stay home.

#530     Apr 9, 2020