Bernie 2020

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TreeFrogTrader, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Sorry hit enter to fast and too lazy to go back and edit haha..

Also....free college......if you are poor and cannot afford college but are smart and show promise, those are the people colleges and universities should be throwing money at for scholarships.

Do you know how many friends with kids are telling me how they are getting money from a school and that is why they are going there and they earn with two incomes $150,000 combined? I am like, you could afford a state school for your child without going into heavy debt and let scholarships go to families who are truly much lower in poverty.

No federal loans should ever go to students wanting to go to private universities, they have so many resources and taxpayer money should support public colleges and unis already supported by taxpayer funds. Let private schools scramble for financing to become competitive.

#491     Mar 16, 2020
    Wallet likes this.
  2. As I keep saying, once Bernie is totally tamped down, the focus will be on showing how leftist Biden is. In the past and still, Bernie provides cover for him to look "moderate" or at least have the lefty media portray him as such.

Even some of the shiite they got into again last night boggles the mind.

Biden- not Bernie, we know Bernie's position- was going on about how he would not deport anyone in this country if they had not committed a felony. He is not talking about dreamers and long timers. He is saying that if you can make it to this country, you will not be deported unless you are convicted of a felony. Then they go on to say that they do not support open borders but they also do not support anything that would enforce or create borders, anywhere, whether at the land border, visa overstays, whatever.

Put it all together and whattayagot? Answer: Open borders. If you can get to the border and cross it, you will not be deported and will be fast-tracked to citizenship to make up for our past sin of acting like we were a sovereign country. Not sure reparations for illegals is still on the table now that "moderate" Bootyboy is gone. Can always play that card too if more hispanic vote is needed.

Joe Biden is *not* a moderate. NOT, NOT, NOT.

#492     Mar 16, 2020
    traderob likes this.
  3. Bernie wiped out Biden in the debate but it's fixed for Biden to win anyway.

#493     Mar 16, 2020
  4. As discussed above. Bernie put some smoke out into the air that sounded like he was looking for an exit ramp that made him look like a national leader putting the country first rather than a guy who is just getting whipped at the polls.

Actually not a bad move on his part. Just sayin I see his gig. Also his supporters do too and he has to work that out with them or not. They follow him but he does not control them. Bernie will back Biden and return to the Senate Club. Bernie's backing Biden and his supporters backing Biden. Well that remains to be seen. Some goodly percentage will just because they want to move Trump out. But many will sit it out or even resist Biden and elections are won on very thin margins these days.

Bernie Sanders is raising the prospect of postponing all primaries
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/politics/bernie-sanders-primaries-postpone/index.html

#494     Mar 16, 2020
  5. I have not kept up but just by reading around and looking at some headlines it looks like Bernie is about to do the "we must focus on the national emergency and I can't be out campaigning and risking people's lives by having them come out to vote" so I will be suspending my campaign routine.

I had a difference of opinion with Ocho. He stating that he would not make it to April. I said that I thought that he would at least run out the month of March. It is looking good for him to drop out before April 1, so I am going to go ahead and stand fully erect before Mr. Ocho and acknowledge such. Although I do think Bernie might pull the old "suspending" versus dropping out routine which will keep him in the race but minus the campaigning, but I consider that to be a dropping out. Maybe he will not drop out but just suspend so that he can broker his delegates at the convention but I dont want to weasel around with it. If he suspends, I consider him to be out.

#495     Mar 18, 2020
  6. elderado

elderado

How Bernie Sanders is going to come from behind and win the Democratic Nomination.
    [​IMG]
    State of the Race & Delegate Math
    Bernie Sanders started this race by winning the first three states against the broadest primary field the Democratic Party has ever seen. Then Joe Biden won in South Carolina, the entire rest of the field dropped and largely endorsed him. Joe Biden proceeded to have a great three weeks.

Bernie Sanders has about 839 delegates, Joe Biden has about 1,121. We are about 280 delegates behind. It takes 1,991 delegates to secure the nomination. There are 1,851 delegates left to be awarded. The Democratic National Convention is in 118 days. The next primaries are scheduled on April 4 - 17 days from now (though they are likely to be delayed).

This is an uphill race for us right now. We need to blow Joe Biden out in some states in order to win the Democratic nomination. We can do this. Why? Because we are in unprecedented times with an unprecedented candidate.

This Presidential Race Is Unprecedented
    There are two extremely unique things about this race. One is Bernie Sanders himself. Sanders is the longest-serving independent in American Congressional history. He represents a unique challenge to the traditional way of doing politics in America.

The second thing is the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are literally in a pandemic and people are sheltering in place. Today's results an unreliable indicator of how the rest of this Presidential race will go. Most states are going to postpone primaries. There will be a lot of voting by mail, and there will likely be a grande finale vote in June. All of this additional time works in our favor.

Bernie Can Definitely Still Win
    In the time of a mass pandemic, many people are beginning to see the light on Medicare For All. People are wanting Bernie's entire platform RIGHT NOW. This call for Bernie's policies are making him appear like the strongest leader in the race.

The lengthened primary calendar is going to help Bernie and hurt Biden. In national polls released today, Bernie has cut Biden's lead to him to 9 points. A WEEK ago, Biden's lead was 21. The more people learn about Biden, the less they will like him. The next few weeks will see Bernie overtake Biden in the national polls, and this will be reflected in the voting.

As the race continues and the economy deals with pandemic fallout, Bernie Sanders will finish out the primary season with a long string of victories, all of the momentum, and a delegate lead. Right now is a great time to be the Medicare For All candidate.

Like I said, this is an uphill race for us! But there are MANY factors working in our favor. Good work today to all of our volunteers out there! Now take the night off and relax. We will be sending out more information tomorrow about how we are going to win this unprecedented race.

#496     Mar 18, 2020
  7. If there's any believable conspiracy theory it's that the political establishment at large is purposely creating this mess to derail the Bern. The guy in the frontrunner, enter Covid 19 and he's nothing more than a afterthought

#497     Mar 18, 2020
  8. Am watching some other things so am distracted but what is the date on that article above. Is that from today or when. what is the link there.

#498     Mar 18, 2020
  9. Wallet

Wallet

Fox just flashed Bernie suspends campaign.

Edit now, they (Sanders) report that’s false

#499     Mar 18, 2020
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

#500     Mar 18, 2020