Bernanke's doing well

Discussion in 'Economics' started by scriabinop23, Nov 8, 2007.

1. I truly believe that anyone outside of Ron Paul will take this country straight to hell.

They have too many obligations and agendas to other people besides the American public.

The country needs a change. What we have is not working. We don't need another Clinton or Bush clone in office.

#71     Nov 8, 2007
  2. And I respect that, and you should vote it. I don't see things so black and white as that, that's all I'm saying.

#72     Nov 8, 2007
  3. Yeah man I'm not busting on you for your opinion, as you are most definitely entitled to that. I just see the other options as bad for the country. But like you said, that is what my vote is for.

Hell, at least we're not a dictatorship (yet) and can actually discuss voting....

#73     Nov 8, 2007
  4. nevadan

nevadan

It's a long time until election day. fwiw I think Ron Paul is a long shot but he is my man. I am sick of having to go for the lesser of two evils, the best compromise candidate, etc. I also think a "Perfect Storm" situation could be brewing. There are a lot of factors that could come together to sweep RP into a contender position. People are seeing the futility of trying to impose democracy on tribal nations, homeowners losing their shirts in this bubble collapse, the dollar headed to new lows on a daily basis, inflation, health care costs, etc. ad nauseam. The average schmuck is starting to feel the pinch and that is what it will take to get a change.

#74     Nov 8, 2007
  5. the two party system is woefully obsolete. i hope i live long enough to see it change

it's one notch better than 'here's your king'.

...voting for someone who only marginally represents you is almost a self deprecating act. seems like as a society we can do better than funneling people into massive common denominators, as if you're either A or B

#75     Nov 9, 2007
  6. I like Ron Paul a lot and think he'd do a great job as president. The only problem is because of his views (which just happen to be in line with the common man) he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Washington is so full of 'yes men' and 'lackies'. Where the Hell is Ron Paul supposed to find enough decent men/women to fill a cabinet? He's a maverick and would find it tough to get much honest work done no matter how hard he tried.

#76     Nov 9, 2007
  7. Free market Ron Paul did a great job with free money Bernanke.

The media coverage and polling results on Ron Paul really increased after the Nov. 5 donations rolled in at $4.2 million. Have to say the whole concept around that day was ingenious and apparently entirely grass roots.

Looks like he's got another grass roots effort going for Dec. 16 - the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party.

I wouldn't short the Ron Paul candidacy at this point.

#77     Nov 9, 2007
  8. #78     Nov 9, 2007
  9. that was pretty good stuff, especially the end about how most traders who are long fed funds interviewed would probably say the fed won't be able to cut in dec.

#79     Nov 9, 2007