Bernanke's doing well

Discussion in 'Economics' started by scriabinop23, Nov 8, 2007.

1. If he ends up during the primary with more than a snowball's chance in hell, I will indeed vote for him. I'm registered republican, and I'll give him my vote.

#51     Nov 8, 2007
  2. A wasted vote is only one in which you vote for something you don't believe in. You're not betting or gambling on who you think will win. You are supposed to be voting for who you want in the white house, who you want as your representation. Not the lesser of two evils or who has the best chance of getting in.

#52     Nov 8, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

Voting EITHER RepubliClown or DemoCrap is like going to prison and choosing whose bitch you get to be... or is it that you have no preference whether you get cornholed from the left or cornholed from the right?

#53     Nov 8, 2007
  4. You vote for one, and get the other

#54     Nov 8, 2007
  5. Well, unlike many of you, I don't believe that all of the candidates are a waste of flesh. I believe some of them have something to offer, and my vote will go to the one whom I think has both the best chance of winning and the most attractive platform for me.

#55     Nov 8, 2007
  6. gnome

gnome

So... you're planning to vote for the candidate who promises you the most "cheese"?

In reality, the pot-licking candidates promise EVERYTHING but deliver NOTHING... once in office, they proceed to screw the middle class out of almost everything they have.

DON'T YOU GET IT??

#56     Nov 8, 2007
  7. Well said.

#57     Nov 8, 2007
  8. Of course Ron Paul is the underdog, because the media, et al do not favor him.

The only way he can possibly win is to have people vote for the underdog...using the logic of voting for him only if it's determined that he has a chance is ridiculous.

There is no way in hell he will ever become a media favorite until the public starts voting for him. It starts with US. The media will cover what is "hot" and popular.

We are the ones who have to make him popular. We have to stand up and vote for him because we believe in him and his platform, not simply because we think he is the most likely to win.

Hell, I may as well go vote for Hillary Clinton if I am just going with the flow. But I am not, I believe in Ron Paul and will vote for him. You gotta remember what the Sons of Liberty did back then. They were the underdogs and would have been hung for treason if they had been caught doing what they did. But they didn't puss out just because it was "unlikely" they would succeed....

We are not facing any penalties like they did. All we have to do is get off our lazy asses and vote for who we believe in.

In trading you play the favorites, in voting you do not.

#58     Nov 8, 2007
  9. Vote for the person that you would want to be in power - that's where OUR vote really counts.

Only voting for people that have a "realistic" chance of winning is a mob mentatlity, ridiculous and worst of all uneducated.

#59     Nov 8, 2007
  10. Just because I don't see/share your view does not make me wrong. It's my vote, not yours. You will vote how you see fit and I will do so with mine. Your screaming and shouting and insulting isn't indicative to persuasion.

#60     Nov 8, 2007