Bernanke To Host Circus...Umm...I Mean 'Town Hall' Meeting, w/Audience Participation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 9, 2009.

1. drcha

drcha

Still laughing at this title, thank you very much.

What would Bernanke's role be in the circus? Ringmaster? Tightrope walker? Clown? Freak? Elephant? Acrobat? Lion tamer? Fat lady?

#11     Jul 9, 2009
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Nobody is "living in a bunker" or claiming the end of the world. Projecting that on anything that deviates from your very conventional, and insular way of thought, is to be expected.

What I have repeatedly said, the world - especially the United States - will look, feel and be much different, in 5 years. In 10 years, very bad. You decry the "outlandish" references to a New World Order, yet mainstream news is peppered with articles that laud the emergence of "A NEW WORLD ORDER" . Every week, European, American or Asian political leaders talk up the need for or presence of a New World Order. You sir, have your head up your ass.

Perhaps you also regard "conspiracy theory" the numerous reports CNN's Lou Dobbs has done on the North American Union - a borderless continental integration of America, Canada and Mexico? Just more crazy rantings that don't fit into your cherished world-view, I suppose?

Your life expectancy stats need some context. Life expectancy enjoyed a 20 YEAR increase from 1900 to 1950. Its very likely the Great Depression, WW1 and WW2 - all during the time of PENICILLIN, no less - had A LOT TO DO with that jump!

Lastly, why would I care about your 10K for which I'd have to tie up my own, for 5 years. Thats a 15% return, per year. I trade that in 2 hours (or less). You'd have to sweeten the deal. A lot.

Besides, a neo-con fluoride-head, like yourself, should already know more "Al Queda" attacks are, "a certainty".. Or was Cheney, Bush, Rice, Obama, etc just fear mongering to take your Rights?

You're confused now. I know. :D

#12     Jul 10, 2009
  3. clacy

clacy

Ok, enough said. You're claiming that you earn 7.5% on your money each hour of trading. That tells me all I need to know.....

:D That's fucking laughable.

#13     Jul 10, 2009
  4. A public-private body that regulates banks and interest rates is not a bad idea in theory.

Of course, to be sustainable, it would require:

a) Far more transparency and accountability.

b) To be stricken of its right to create any form of money (M1, M2, M3, etc).

c) A privatized banking system under its control that CANNOT CREATE ARTIFICAL MONEY ANY LONGER.

d) A government that would have the responsibility of creating money, should it decide it was necessary (i.e., nationalized central bank).

#14     Jul 10, 2009
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Guess there aren't many traders on the board. Too bad for you.

Btw, since you're a regular, check out the journals sometime. Lots of dudes who have done more than that.

#15     Jul 10, 2009
  6. Wasn't the Fed's original creation passed in Dec while most of Congress was out for the holiday recess?

Now, I know lots of crap gets done that way, but when it comes to having a say over the country's money, I'd have hoped more representatives would have weighed in...

#16     Jul 10, 2009
  7. Sooo...what you are saying is that it will NEVER happen?

#17     Jul 10, 2009
  8. TGregg

TGregg

You conspiracy nuts better be careful. Elvis is not going to like having the details of his secret plot revealed. When He does take over the planet, you'll be the first against the wall.

#18     Jul 10, 2009
  9. dewton

dewton

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence.

Was president Woodrow Wilson a conspiracy nut? :confused:

#19     Jul 10, 2009

10. That damn Andrew Jackson, POTUS and conspiracy nut that he was.

He killed the central bank as he wanted a strong national currency, and was rightfully concerned that the central bank was interfering with that policy goal.

Little did he know the federal reserve would come along in 1913, via a private meeting of some of the wealthiest, globalist families in the world, and reestablish a central bank under the auspice of being "private," but doing exactly the same things that the central bank of Jackson's era did nonetheless.

After all, the truly wealthy that own the politicians won't be denied their opportunities to create inflation and sell off assets, and then create deflation and buy those same assets back for pennies on the dollar.

It's the easiest racket in town. It's how you maintain true wealth. It's how you come to own governments. You just have to be in the inner sanctum, which requires a weird, nepotistic mix of factors.

#20     Jul 10, 2009