Bernanke to Congress: We're Much Closer to Total Destruction Than You Think

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, May 1, 2012.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Refresh my memory. Get at me with numbers, dude. What are you proposing? As for Regan, that old coot was deficit spending like a mofo. This is all time-series crap. Very difficult to isolate causality for any one variable, among a multitude, in an uncontrolled series (such as a real life economy). But in simple terms, if the deficit more than offset the tax hikes, economic growth would result, even though the tax hikes were wealth destructive. One papers over the other.

#11     May 2, 2012
  2. achilles28

achilles28

So how is Government consumption declining if spending is the same?

#12     May 2, 2012
  3. Pffftttt.

If Bernanke thinks Congress will respond to a concise 500 word summary he has plenty to learn talking to Congress.

If you want to get Congress to act he needs somewhere between 2 and 6 thousand pages he can read into the record in an empty chamber.

Frankly did anyone ask Bernanke what he thinks?

The honey badger doesn't give a shit.

#13     May 2, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Do you mean, how can the budget deficit remain the same if expenditures are falling?

#14     May 2, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

http://www.rgj.com/article/20110421...ama-than-under-Reagan-Clinton-?nclick_check=1

http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977623449

And as I mentioned in the other thread:
    But you still didn't advise what you would do. What do you propose?

#15     May 2, 2012
  6. achilles28

achilles28

I'm not sure what I mean, since im not sure what you mean..:D Off to bed. Gnight.

#16     May 2, 2012
  7. rew

rew

Some states have been bludgeoned by reality into making real cuts in spending. But if you think the federal government has cut spending, please tell us where. Our congressmen have fits over the prospect of simply slowing the growth in the spending. They never, ever, actually cut it.

#17     May 2, 2012