Bernanke Speaks 1:45 Eastern Time!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Why do you believe everyone is buying EVERY dip? You only buy signficant dips. So far none of my stocks have had a significant dip to even buy any more.

#31     Jan 5, 2007
  2. how did it feel buying that dip? hope you didn`t get in during the tail end of it thinking you were bringing this one all the way back to dow break even ...lol

#32     Jan 5, 2007
  3. With the markets ready to make new highs soon buying every dip is a wise investment.

It has been that way..for..um..the past 5 years since Oct. 2002

#33     Jan 5, 2007
  4. Very good question.....if this was 2000/2001.

OR LAST MAY....LOL

EVERYTHING CYCLES----we are at the end of of the bull market economy------recession here-now equities correct on poor earnings starting with alcoa---just like mot---they will all have tough comps------and get hit by wallstreet!

#34     Jan 5, 2007
  5. there is NO compelling evidence this bull market is over

all indicators point to the opposite

#35     Jan 5, 2007
  6. margin calls/forced liquidations coming...lol

#36     Jan 5, 2007
  7. I agree, but the margin calls have a greater chance to occur on the shorts.

#37     Jan 5, 2007
  8. Exactly.

People like him ( who marry their bias and look for ONLY what they want to SEE ) get carried out of the S&P pit. I should know, I traded stock-indexes succesfully on the floor for 10 years.

And when the market "gaps" open and blows their "shorts" away ( during the thin Holiday period ) all you hear about is how there is some sort of a CONSPIRACY going on.
    What a joke this guy is.

Notice that he has not once given any kind of a "technical" view of the market?
    Never once referred to even the simplest of MA's or any intermarket relationships?

This market is ALL about ROTATION.
    Always has been, always will be.

Again, thanks for the entertainment!

:p

#38     Jan 5, 2007
  9. I've never seen anyone panic like this is my life and I have been on this planet for 56 years. Every itsy bitsy piece of news is disected into an over-reaction. I sure would hate to live my life worried about every little nuance in the economy or the market. I'm a type-A personality but life based on reaction is not a very fun life.

The stock market is tied to interest rates. The market went down today because the chances of a rate cut are slim to none in the coming months. The people that left the market today are people that were counting on an interest rate reduction during the first quarter. These people were not the majority consensus so this drop is meaningless. With the fed on hold, earnings will now determine the direction of the market. The upward trend remains intact until proven otherwise.

#39     Jan 5, 2007