Bernanke says US economy on cusp of recovery

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Aug 21, 2009.

1. AyeYo

AyeYo

LOL That chart is the best laugh I've had all day.

#11     Aug 21, 2009
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Isn't it, I laughed too when I saw the estimated positive growth going into 2010+

#12     Aug 21, 2009
  3. The whole lot of them....

Greenspan
    Bernanke
    Paulson
    Summers
    Geithner

Have been repetitively wrong.....and big time....

For what justifiable reason should one listen to any of them....????

One has to mark them off as politicos and academs....

#13     Aug 21, 2009

4. this would be funny if it weren't reality,

we're living this,

can someone change the channel,

or change the movie?

this is getting more than just boring....

#14     Aug 21, 2009
  5. #15     Aug 21, 2009
  6. You said what I said better than I said.

I can appreciate that.

#16     Aug 21, 2009
  7. Barry is definitely a Republican lite.

Thus far he has continued every Bush Jr. program. From getting bent by the banks to the useless wars to TARP to spending in the black hole of the military-industrial complex.

Like the republicans, he's shown and PROVEN himself to be in the pockets of big corporation and beholden to the same special interest groups as the republicans.

Is he any better than McCain? Did we make a better choice?

I still think Barry's republican lite version is infinitely better than anyone out of the current republican party populated with anti-American fools and illiterates.

He still has 3 more years to prove he's not getting bent by the usual Anti-American special interest suspects in DC.

We'll have to wait and see how he works out. Otherwise the only change will be his ass getting thrown out of the oval office.

#17     Aug 21, 2009
  8. Amazing that the guy that didnt call the recession, didnt warn the public and really didnt even know it was coming now says we are now in a recovery. And the people just eat it up. This is equal to your stockbroker who loses you money year after year and then tells you about another great stock that you should buy. When you listen to someones advice, you are supposed to listen to people that have actually made some good calls, not people that get it wrong all the time.

#18     Aug 21, 2009
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

People always believe what they want to believe. The reality is too painful, who want to deal with it.

#19     Aug 21, 2009
  10. Bernanke wants his job - his term will be up in a few months and Larry Summers has already gathered some people in his corner... i.e. a threat to Bernanke.

More so than ever the Fed is getting politicized. Who thinks Bernanke wants to keep his job and ensure himself a page in the history books?

That said.. he will start doing an saying some really crazy things. More so than normal.

#20     Aug 21, 2009