Bernanke out, Volcker in?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by benwm, Jan 21, 2010.

1. dhpar

dhpar

according to fed funds futures today (which are likely manipulated by ben anyway) we are going to have somebody even more dovish than ben was - or ben will get the job on the basis of not hiking ever again...

#21     Jan 22, 2010
  2. The gas pedal is already to the floor, and the car isn't going anywhere.

#22     Jan 22, 2010
  3. Just as bad if not worse.

#23     Jan 22, 2010
  4. They want Americas to get back to work? All they have to do is take the Chindians, Asians and Latins out of the global work place...

#24     Jan 22, 2010
  5. Is this Kohn known as a hawk or a dove?:)

#25     Jan 22, 2010
  6. I sent my two Senators emails a month ago, and will follow up again. I agree - now's the time to turn it up and contact these guys. Remind them of the election this November.

We all know that Politicians will sell themselves to the highest bidder.... but when it's their ass that's on the line, suddenly they have a come to Jesus moment.

#26     Jan 22, 2010
  7. You are flat out wasting your time. Politics is Hollywood for the fat and ugly. They don't give a flying ph*ck about anything but their $. Period. None of them do, even Ron Paul, he is controlled opposition.

Bernanke WANTS out, don't you understand that? He'll get paid the same whether he is in there or not, their pay is similar to district judges. One year of work and they are paid FOR LIFE.

South Park summed it up. You do have a choice. The choice is between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. I can't wait for this system to implode and GS buildings in downtown NY getting torched. I hate order, chaos is entertaining.

#27     Jan 23, 2010
  8. What the hell man, replacing Bernanke with Roy Kohn isn't going to make any difference! He'll keep doing the same thing!!!!

#28     Jan 23, 2010
  9. I'm just as skeptical as you are. I believe that to a large extent, the two party system is a joke. But I don't think doing nothing is an option - on paper, we still have a democratic republic. I'd rather be involved then do nothing wondering when or if the system crashes from its own corruption.

And if the system crashes from its own corruption and rot as you think it will, I will at least felt that I tried. That, to me, IMHO, has value.

#29     Jan 24, 2010
  10. Bernanke WANTS out, don't you understand that?

------------------------------

This thought has crossed my mind. Another in the line of people who do not want to work for Obama. Remember there were a few others who turned down positions in his administation.

#30     Jan 24, 2010