Bernanke has lost all credibility

Discussion in 'Economics' started by detective, May 20, 2008.

1. That sounded like economic isolationism.

Can you even have that in a "global economy?"

I don't have a PhD like he does - can someone please explain how that works?

#11     May 20, 2008
  2. They should have appointed a genius from Elite Trader, not some guy who's only claim to fame is teaching economics at Stanford, New York and Princeton. His lowering the interest rates might save some families from homelessness but my car's really expensive to fill up now! :p

#12     May 20, 2008
  3. I will take those two cents comment and give you change back!

iow, we really could have done without that one....

#13     May 20, 2008
  4. mayby now we know WHY GSPN was raising rates gradulally in a stair step manner for so long, and would have continued to do so further.

perhaps now it is time to start taking back those stimulus interest rate cuts in the same stair step manner?

whadd doo yaahhh say?

#14     May 20, 2008
  5. LT701

LT701

i didnt know what else to say, to your incredibly stupid remark (below)

"honestly who gives a shit if oil hits $150? $200? people are going to fly less? big deal..."

#15     May 20, 2008
  6. Greenspan was on performance-related pay, every interest rate rise meant another all expenses paid trip to Atlantic City.

Maybe Bernanke could get off his high horse and just admit the economy has won, he might as well just lower the Fed funds rates to - 1 so everybody can start making infinity profits.

#16     May 20, 2008
  7. Guys, Big Ben is doing his job right. Making every one happy. Just imagine how many millionaire he make if he just pull a post WW2 Germany on us.

#17     May 20, 2008
  8. empee

empee

I thought it was stock_trad3r before saw who it was.

#18     May 20, 2008
  9. piezoe

piezoe

I'll take a stab at it. Ben is monetizing George's soon to be 3 trillion war debt. In other words, we are inflating (i.e., printing) our way out of debt rather than paying it off with higher taxes or increased productivity. This (monetizing) causes the debt burden to be shared between US Citizens and the foreign countries that have loaned us money. This is standard practice for debtor nations. (Without the war debt, Ben would have more flexibility in how to handle the recession. All in all, he is doing a pretty good job considering what he is dealing with.) For more on this topic see recent papers of Joseph Stiglitz.

#19     May 20, 2008
  10. LT701

LT701

you pay for Israel, at the pump

#20     May 20, 2008