Bernanke: dumb as rocks

Discussion in 'Economics' started by killATwill, Oct 6, 2008.

1. bernanke screwed up again. he has a social IQ of 10 on a 200 point scale. "hinting of a rate cut" won't cut it.

#11     Oct 7, 2008
  2. +1.

#12     Oct 7, 2008

3. Is the stock market the only element of the economy?

Keep in mind that I'm not defending Bernanke - but I don't think he's stupid. I think the Fed's doing exactly what it intends to do, and their goals are not aligned with yours or mine.

#13     Oct 7, 2008
  4. He's smarter than all of you because he has fooled you into thinking that he gives a shit about you and your country.

He outsmarted you to make you think he is the idiot and you and the guy with all the answers to be on top when it matters.

The opposite is true, you are the idiot who will suffer, Bernanke is the smart guy who will not.

Only because you let him play his game.

#14     Oct 7, 2008
  5. Maybe we're all finding out just how truly independent the "Fed" really is.
    They're set up to make money off of our economy. Period.
    The family that ran a lending house under a "Red Shield" in Germany is still running things very well for themselves, thank you.
    Rothschild=Red Shield.

#15     Oct 7, 2008
  6. huh

huh

I guess my frustration is that the fed insists on being behind. The markets are frozen and a rate cut now would help stabilize the market so that we at least get some time to see how this bailout works. IF the fed is planning on cutting rates at the end of the month why not just do it now?

If you aren't going to cut rates then fine, but if you are going to cut rates in a couple of weeks anyway, THEN JUST DO IT NOW!

That is my main problem that they insist on waiting to do something that they are going to do anyway.

#16     Oct 7, 2008
  7. I don't understand why people think the Fed - or the federal government, for that matter - is trying to help them.

#17     Oct 7, 2008
  8. cokezero

cokezero

Hong Kong is not going to follow the cut because HIBOR has been staying at the high level. In fact banks here are going to raise rate soon. Any fed cut is meaningless right now as it doesn't get pass thru by the banks. It's a waste of ammo.

#18     Oct 7, 2008
  9. well berspanky needed to cut on monday pre-open. we see what ensued as a result of dumb timing.

now paulson wants to make a speech. the chance we lose 6% by he time he's done yapping are quite high.

#19     Oct 8, 2008
  10. Amen Brother...

#20     Oct 8, 2008