Bernanke: Another Bush Appointee

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Landis82, Jan 22, 2008.

1. After seeing the utter complete incompetence by Donald Rumsfeld, Bush's Ben Bernanke really takes the cake!

This morning was such a "joke" I don't even know where to start . . . That's what we get with someone that was an "academic" and head of the Princeton Economics Dept.

Bill Gross had it right earlier today when he said that the U.S. economy now relies on housing and stock prices to go up ( tongue and cheek ) according to Bernanke.

Couldn't wait a whole 8 days for the upcoming Fed meeting.

Unreal.

2. Here's the village idiot on the Fed:

"Voting against was William Poole, who did not believe that current conditions justified policy action before the regularly scheduled meeting next week."

Alarming lack of judgment in the face of a worldwide crash.

I learned in Greenie's bio that a Fed Chair is among the department/agency heads that customarily tender resignations to a new President. I'd like to see Bernanke replaced by Geithner or either of the rising stars: Mishkin or Rosengren (the new Boston guy).

3. Unfortunately, most of these guys on the current Federal Reserve Board of Governors weren't even around during the last "recession" in 2001.

They are so late to the party on this one that it is a crying shame . . . And yet the entire House Budget Committee last week was congratulating Chairman Bernanke on how great of a job he has been doing.

One of those people congratulating him was Ohio congresswoman Marcy Kaptur, who had Bernanke confused with the former CEO of Goldman Sachs, Treasury Secretary Paulson.

( Kind of like a sportswriter for the San Francisco Chronicle asking Barry Bonds what the highlight of his career was as a Baltimore Oriole ).

With this kind of pathetic leadership in our Country, it's enough to make you want to sell out of all of your financial holdings.

From Christine Todd Whitman at the EPA, to Donald Rumsfeld, to Gonzales, to Bernanke. Some of the worst people to ever lead this country.

:(

4. And let's not forget Michael Brown, former head of FEMA.

5. As bad as Brown initially looked, I believe that in the end, he was pretty much vindicated by a video-taped conference call in which he had briefed his boss, Michael Chertoff and George Bush and a whole host of other White House cabinet staff.