Bernanke a genius?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin, Aug 27, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

I'm sure no one recalls... but when Bernanke was considered the front-runner for the job, I suggested we all "hide our women and children"...

Playing out much as I'd feared... (heavy sigh) :mad:

#11     Aug 27, 2008
  2. And how would Bernanke influence the price of commodities that are set by global supply/demand? Commodities rose in value as the Fed took rates from 1.0% to 5.25% from 2004 to 2006. Why would it be any different if they took rates from 2% to 6% now?

#12     Aug 27, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

Much of the commodity group's rise was due to Bernanke's running the money-pump at full tilt. Had he and other central banks not done that, there would have been no commodity spike... IMO.

#13     Aug 27, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

That's not true. Sure, it was 120, now 77 (vs basket of currencies)... and it's "worth what it's worth".

In time, you will likely see the $USD index <10. That's right, BELOW TEN!!!.. Then maybe 5, then 1.... THEN it won't be "worth a shit".

Don't believe it can happen? Study some World financial history... Not only CAN it happen, it's highly favored... :mad:

#14     Aug 27, 2008
  5. lol... lemme correct myself

"out dollar IS shit but the market (idiotic central banks) keep buying it for some unknown reason. Probably Bernanke has created an illusion to the rest of the world that the dollar is strong and needs to remain strong or else. Pure genius!"

#15     Aug 27, 2008
  6. we wont solve any of the problems until bernake is gone and the banking system gets completely reformed. no one knows when that is

#16     Aug 27, 2008
  7. I am still long dollar no matter what I do, because I live in the US, get paid in dollars, have a house valued in dollars, etc.

I am on target to move to Europe (Switzerland) by the time I retire (7 years as of tomorrow) at age 45. At that point I will have removed all dollar exposure completely.

#17     Aug 27, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

FOUL! I cry FOUL! We Boomers need you and your wealth to stay in America to pay for our "benefits"...

#18     Aug 27, 2008
  9. So commodities rise when the money-pump runs at full tilt, and they fall when the Fed slows down the money printing machine. My God, the simplicity of this theory is striking I wonder why not everybody embraces it.

I had no idea supply (weather, crop failures, amount of drilling & reserves, mining exploration, geo-politics) & demand (global consumer demand, economic growth, emerging markets) do not matter WHATSOEVER!

#19     Aug 27, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

The crap you spewed matters a little... the biggie is "money-pump".

I'm sure you don't realize it, but you've outed yourself as a farkin' moron. If you desire that your pontifications are taken seriously, you need to pay closer attention.

http://www.nowandfutures.com/key_stats.html

#20     Aug 27, 2008