Bernanke a genius?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Durable goods and all the other rigged economic information makes it appear a recession has been avoided (just don't question the GDP deflator!) Anyway, it looks like Bernanke may have halted the immient collapse of worldwide financial systems. The guy deserves a metal.

2. gnome

gnome

Right.. a little "full metal jacket"...

3. Full metal jacket?

[​IMG]

4. The economy should have imploded by now. The fact that we are still moving along is nothing short of a miracle? I seriously mean that.

5. gnome

gnome

You perceive that we're "working well" only because you have bought the BS.... things not as good as painted...

6. Durables are normally a volatile series.

I would consider Bernanke a genius if he had let us have a recession and curbed inflation - saving the value of my dollar and preventing a massive rise in commodities.

Speaking of metal jackets, I think I'll put on my flak jacket as the above comment will earn me some flak.

7. But so is the market. ES should be sub 1000 and our dollar ain't worth shit!

8. gnome

gnome

Shouldn't. Anybody with half a brain understands you are correct. (How many ET'ers does that exclude? :D :D )

9. Ivan, if you can't beat em, join em.

If inflation and dollar debasement are the game. Load up on debt and use it to short the dollar. :eek:

Borrowing at anything less than the real inflation rate is free money. I still thing long-term CAD and maybe JPY are the way to go.

10. ha. he gave the banking system the go ahead to blow itself up. moron.

#10     Aug 27, 2008