Bernake Killing Middle Class

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Hitnruntrader, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Don't forget about Escape Artist http://www.escapeartist.com/.

#41     Mar 12, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

The rich wouldn't be leaving "because they were getting richer". It's actually the rich who pay most of the bill... even though it's PC to claim "every burden falls on the middle class".

#42     Mar 12, 2008
  3. There is a lot of bitching going on and no one taking action. No one will even stand up to get the ball moving.

Very sad.

#43     Mar 12, 2008

4. The burden has always fallen on the middle class.
    Do you think inflation means as much to someone who makes a million a year or to someone who makes 100 K ?? Disposable income for the middle class continues to shrink. Let’s just keep on squeezing the middle class what a great recipe for inflation.
    Even if the rich did pay most of the bill they can afford to do so.
    Who’s gets to use all those great tax loopholes ?? Middle class?? No - the high income tax payers do .
    When taken as a percentage they pay less of their disposable income in taxes then the Middle class. Can you prove otherwise?? I hope you are getting my point here.

#44     Mar 12, 2008
  5. Middle class pays no tax other then SS. After income credits some don't even pay much of that.

This is why I favor lotteries because mostly dumbasses who pay no tax blow their money on it.

John

#45     Mar 12, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Then to follow your logic, we must conclude that the burden has always fallen on the POOR... for in spite of the fact they pay little or no income tax, inflation hits their disposable income the hardest.

So... which DemoCrap are you voting for? Obama, or YoMama!

#46     Mar 12, 2008
  7. zdreg

zdreg

every burden does fall on the middle class.
    the rich pay most of the bills.

there is no PC and no contradiction for both statements to be true.

#47     Mar 12, 2008
  8. The median household earned $48,201 in 2006, down from $49,244 in 1999, according to the Census Bureau. It now looks as if a full decade may pass before most Americans receive a raise.-
    source

I don't know when or if the median income was ever lower at the end of the decade than at the beginning but hey, at least Saddam isn't running around.

#48     Mar 12, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

Inflation* adjusted, of course. Still, sucks.

Well, that's what "outsourcing middle income jobs so that we can all shop at Wal-Mart and buy cheap crap made in China" gets you.

* considering how much the real inflation rate is understated, sucks even worse.

#49     Mar 12, 2008
  10. I am not a Democrat. But I can tell what you are!!

#50     Mar 12, 2008