Bernake Killing Middle Class

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Hitnruntrader, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Believe me, when the shit hits the fan in a few years from all of this, the mass public will finally wake up. They will have no choice because this is going to end ugly in my opinion. I just want one good counter rally in the dollar this year. Life outside USA is starting to look real attractive right now.

#21     Mar 12, 2008
  2. no matter how bad it gets, except for the few, no one else is gonna wake up, with all the McDonald plastic crap they've shoved down their bellies and it's toxic into their brains, there is no way they can wake up, what's the percentage of Americans that consume fruits on a daily bases, seriously? I don't think even 1%

#22     Mar 12, 2008
  3. You are probably right. I hate having to stick up for the intelligence of the average American anyway. As long as they can feed their family from the McDonalds $1 menu they probably won't know the difference. Let them wallow in ignorance if they please as long as they want. As long as I can get out ahead of the rest I could care less.

#23     Mar 12, 2008

4. When all this started they were suppose to help the borrowers not the lenders. That was the plan. “ were not going to bail out wall street” that was the cry 8 months ago.

#24     Mar 12, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

Perhaps we can add that to the list which includes, "Read my lips. No new taxes."

#25     Mar 12, 2008
  6. Yeah, whatever you hear from a politician or policy puppet automatically assume the opposite is true until proven otherwise.

#26     Mar 12, 2008
  7. wow; this thread is getting too pessimistic.

People went through the great depression had taught their children about saving and debts are evil; But their grand children's were only benefits from this; so they tend to over spending and not knowing the difference between investing and spending.

Japanese are in the second phase; people are over saving and over investing; their domestic consumptions are nearly flat year over year.

#27     Mar 12, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

Don't necessarily agree they are "over" saving/investing. There's no law which says you "have to spend all you have plus all you can borrow". Japan's population growth is "almost flat", so having a flat GDP isn't necessarily "underspending".

Building and having assets means having financial strength, flexibility, staying power for when times get difficult.

Americans could take a lesson from the Japanese.

#28     Mar 12, 2008
  9. dinoman

dinoman

Well just look at the votes Ron paul received, which was around 4% to 7%. Out of those percentages I would say maybe 3% to 4% actually understood the inflation and devaluing of the dollar concept.

So apparently less than 4% of americans actually care to even understand whats going. If you include those that wouldn't vote for Paul based on his other stances. I would say at best 10% of the voting population actually get it.

Many people think its the other party that did it on purpose when the fact is both major parties facilitate this horrific policy. People think this because the Media refuses to try and educate the people.

When I talk to people about the dollar they look at me like... WTF are you talking about? Some of them even say: "Well I have my dollar in my hand and it in one piece and people take it" or "Its just Corporate American screwing me for no reason".

This makes one want to cringe!

Many of those who do understand and can afford it have left the country, have a place outside the country or are in plans to leave the country. At this point I am seriously contiplating joining that crowd.

The majority of the american people get the government they deserve.

#29     Mar 12, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

Way harsh, don't you think? That's like saying "the victim deserved it".

#30     Mar 12, 2008