Berkshire Profit on Goldman Sachs Passes $2 Billion

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jul 23, 2009.

1. I'm not taking any sides here, but Warren's big bet on Goldman would have blown up badly had it not been for AIG's rescue by hundreds of billions in your donated tax dollars.

That's just fact.

Buffet probably paid a bunch of people off to ensure that transaction went through.

That's just a wild, speculative musing.

#31     Jul 23, 2009
  2. ROTFLMAO!!! Do you see the irony in you sitting in your mother's basement, criticizing Buffett and Einstein as if you know better? Tell you what asskiss... when you have more money than Buffett and when you upstage Einstein as a scientist, get back to us.

#32     Jul 23, 2009
  3. Know better? Fuckstick, he sold 1517-strike SPX puts at 11% volatility. THE BUY of the Century. So yeah, I think Buffett would agree it was a monumentally bad trade. Not only did he BUY THE TOP of the market, he SOLD the historical-low print on volatility as well. His argument? That the puts were undervalued via BSM; IV > SV. That worked-out really well.

Perhaps if you had made it past the 8th grade you would've encountered the term, red-shift.

Your mom says hi.

#33     Jul 23, 2009
  4. you seem to have serious problems to comprehend that all that happened was that your interest was ill represented in Washington. If you have an issue about how your representative spoke for you in D.C. then take it up with him and not the rest of the world. Or did you forget to vote?

#34     Jul 23, 2009
  5. whats wrong with not just betting on market direction but also betting on the government flooring the market as it did? Anyone who poured money into financials at the time W.B. did took a huge risk and is now fairly rewarded.

#35     Jul 23, 2009
  6. second that. Stinky jealousy. Those are the guys who even got it wrong last year when those who cashed in big time shorted before total panic set in and bought into the market when everyone else declared the end of the world.

Usually such people are to shut up but in the world of Web2.0 even the biggest losers and conspiracy theorist flourish.

#36     Jul 23, 2009
  7. yes it was because he is a long-term investor not a day trader. (it was certainly not his best trade). 40-50% drawdowns is what also other large momentum-following funds experienced in the past. By the way you forgot to factor in interest which was quite substantial.

#37     Jul 23, 2009
  8. that I agree, I was myself surprised to see how W.B. over the years exposed himself to a number of over-leveraged products= derivatives while he publicely berated them before.

#38     Jul 23, 2009
  9. I see I struck a nerve, asskiss! LOL!!! :p

It's not nearly that simple and that's not his only position. Do your homework, moron. And take the Steady State theory and stuff it. As I said, get back to us when you have more money than Buffett and when you upstage Einstein as a scientist. You personify the worst of ET, posting your "I know-it-all" nonsense from your mommy's basement.

#39     Jul 23, 2009
  10. bullshit. You have ZERO proof what would have happened to GS if AIG simply went under and died. Only clues and guesses.

the ONLY fact here is that W.B.'s GS investment is currently in the money, NOTHING ELSE. So, shut up and stop telling everyone that you as GS hater are on neither side.

#40     Jul 23, 2009