Berkshire Hathaway Loads Up On Financial Stocks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ASusilovic, Aug 16, 2007.

1. abc3

abc3

stock_trad3r is talking out of his arse as usual. Have you checked out his picks before u bash about him not being in Oil.

Buffet is invested in Oil.

He bought 'PTR' big time (chinese oil company) in 2003 . Check the chart and see where it was then and where it is now (7 fold).

#41     Aug 20, 2007
  2. Recently yes

There is no reason why buffet cant make 25% YTD returns with large caps provided he picks the right stocks. You figure someone as smart as buffet would be able to.

Buffer only invests in stocks he understands but how difficult is it to understnd google's or apple's business model? It isn't rocket science. It is this kind of stubborness on Buffet's part that hurts his returns. By excluding tech you miss on on huge returns. AAPL has a market cap of over 100B. Buffet could have easily put 10B in there months ago since he had the cash.

#42     Aug 20, 2007
  3. hdawg87

hdawg87

You sir, are an idiot...

That is all.

:D

#43     Aug 20, 2007
  4. hdawg87

hdawg87

Oh, and let me also state for the record that anyone who spells trader with a 3 is a shithead and most likely is still in high school.

#44     Aug 20, 2007
  5. But right, no?

Not like buffet didn't have the opportunity to buy 10B of google at 200

The truth is buffet has become irrelevant.

#45     Aug 20, 2007

6. Yeah these people avoid Tech like plague.

They of course these guys go for down and out 50 cents on a dollar companies . CISCO, MSFT, GOOG, AAPL all deliver spectcular results. They maybe over valued but they are making lot more cashflows than Warren Buffets BNI, UPN and others. Those cash flows cannot be ignored entirely.

#46     Aug 21, 2007

7. Mohnish Pabrai is a Warren Buffet clone. There is nothing original about him. He is replicating Warren Buffet with great pride, copying him, penciling every detail, charging fees like Buffet. I mean is this great ?

I should start cloning Mohnish Pabrai ( joke) and replicate him. I wouldn't be very happy making 20-30% returns every year when I can make 6-10 % returns every month in Options business.

#47     Aug 21, 2007

8. Warren Buffet could have bought AAPL when It was a 50 stock. Look where its now. Did this genius miss a lot of money in short time ?

#48     Aug 21, 2007

9. Warren Buffet does well when there is a Bear Market, he does poorly when there is bull market. He avoids Tech sector like a plague.

He missed when GOOG was 200 stock
    He missed when AAPL was a 50 stock
    He missed when AMZN was a 10 stock
    He missed when RIMM was a 40 stock

He has missed lots of boats!

#49     Aug 21, 2007
  10. He owns oil companies since many many years (COP + PTR). COP outperformed XOM by 50%, PTR outperformed XOM by 400% over the last 5 years.

I told you that before, but I am not surprised you're not listening.

#50     Aug 21, 2007