Berkshire Hathaway Loads Up On Financial Stocks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ASusilovic, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Let's not forget he also "missed" JDSU CSCO INTC DELL QCOM etc. in 1999 and 2000.

I love these Buffet bashing college kids. Never made a single dollar in the markets but bashing the biggest money maker of all times. Classic.

#31     Aug 20, 2007
  2. Classic, too =>

'Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing' " (23:33-34) :p :p :p

#32     Aug 20, 2007
  3. doublea

doublea

So true........

I was reading an article by Monish Pabrai and he mentioned that if you had bought stocks that Buffet had bought, after the news becomes public (from SEC filings), you could have outperformed the S&P.

#33     Aug 20, 2007
  4. ES now at 1447.50...Financials weak today, because of rally in short-term bonds...closing for a small profit today...:p

#34     Aug 20, 2007
  5. Opppssss....too early...but still long ES...:p

#35     Aug 20, 2007
  6. Buffet could have made tons of money investing in OIL and defence companies like Exxon or boeing. Instead he puts money in the same ol' cyclical consumer cyclical crap like J&J and proctor and gamble. Thats why he underperforms. Now he wants to buy housing and financials?

#36     Aug 20, 2007
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

He underperforms who? You?

#37     Aug 20, 2007
  8. the market in general.

#38     Aug 20, 2007
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

You are saying Buffet underperforms the market in general?

#39     Aug 20, 2007
  10. buffet is one of the greatest investors EVER

i know a guy who (like me) runs several different strategies in several different accounts.

one of his accounts is a mirror account where he basically mirrors what buffet does. that's it. buffet has to disclose, and he just follows that, while adding a little TA for spice (since he moves so much smaller size he can be more nimble)

the vast majority of investors could do MUCH worse than following buffet

#40     Aug 20, 2007