Berkshire Hathaway Loads Up On Financial Stocks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ASusilovic, Aug 16, 2007.

1. You quoted a China fund that returned 50% and claim Buffet was unable to beat it. Are you really that mentally limited? How much of that funds return comes from the fact that China stocks are up 300% over the last couple of years and how much comes from actual stock picking and management skill? You ever heard of alpha and beta when comparing returns? I guess not.

9 out of 10 funds' (and individual traders) returns are a product of the market/sector/region they invest in, not a product of stock picking and management skill through full market cycles.

Your option selling "strategies" (which probably include leverage) will likely give you a very very rough ride sooner or later. The later it will happen the hard the fall will be. Just for fun, during that moment of truth, go look up BRK A's quote for that day and eat a little slice of humble pie.

#91     Aug 26, 2007
  2. There are lots or emerging market funds that make more than 50% per year returns, including some ETFs. These two funds described are the most popular and well invested.

Nothing wrong with China, warren Buffet has a stake in PTR as well.

Money is money. Till the fund falls or my option stratgies disappear ( which have been around for decades) money is being made. You can't deny it. My option strategies are very simple and conservative. There are millions of people doing it successfully. Those who chase home runs and gamble lose money.

#92     Aug 26, 2007