Benzinga vs Brieifing

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by NBPR6, Apr 11, 2012.

Benzinga vs Briefing

1. Benzinga

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Briefing

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  1. NBPR6

NBPR6

which one and why (news feed only), and if you've tried both

2. Bob111

Bob111

--Benzinga---i don't even know what that is..looks childish. judging by response time(when you click on whatever on that site)-childish +1
    at least briefing was around for decades and provide their news and commentary over many financial websites\network.

news feeds(just like everything else) are depend on your goal. what are you looking for?

just clicked on downgrades-most of them are 2 days old. there is over 130 upgrades\downgrades for today morning only. where are they on your benzinga?

3. Benzinga is a total joke. Recycled garbage full of useless advertising. I challenge anyone to find something useful on that site.

4. I second that challenge.

5. I use TradetheNews.com and BenzingaPro.com (which is different than just Benzinga.com)

I switched from Briefing to Benzinga Pro about 3 months ago. Here's why;
    - Audio sqauwk between 7am & 5pm
    - Better rumors
    - They are consistently faster on the feed
    - Better pricing
    - I made more money

I kept Trade the News because it offered more over night coverage. I also use Pro for their economic calendars.

They do not have great research however and still lack on some of the data, Briefing did a better job on that. But, I made more money with Benzinga Pro.

6. can you give any specific examples of how benzinga enabled you to make more money? i'm not a benzinga hater, but i would like to hear a bit more about why benzinga is worth it. you make it sound promising, but how do i know that these aren't just lofty claims that benzinga cant actually live up to?

7. I agree. Benzinga looks like crap. No respectable news website would have so much advertising on their pages. I get dizzy just looking at their website. And it is so unorganized. Also, they have google adwords on their site....no serious site would have that. I tried to find something useful on the site and couldn't.

I saw a report on them and they just hire kids to re-hash stories from the internet. Briefing is 1000 times more professional and actually has adults and industry experts writing for them.

Bottom line....Benzinga is a joke.

8. can you give any specific examples of how benzinga enabled you to make more money? i'm not a benzinga hater, but i would like to hear a bit more about why benzinga is worth it. you make it sound promising, but how do i know that these aren't just lofty claims that benzinga cant actually live up to?

####
    At 1:40 today they announced over the audio that VRML Spokesperson Says Patent Award Reported Today Was Actually Announced in March

Played the down side after they spiked much higher today. Quick in and out for the day.

I get a few of these type plays a day from them.

9. gtgtgt3

gtgtgt3

benzinga = garbage

10. And this does what, exactly, for you?

"Services" like CNBC, Briefing, etc...
    Just flood you with "noise"... you get no "signal"...
    By the time you get the "noise"...
    1000 Pros have stepped all over the "signal".

Only a paid, quality squawk service might have some value...
    And that only to an expert trader who can act in < 10 seconds.

http://www.farnamstreetblog.com/2012/05/noise-and-signal-nassim-taleb/

#10     Jun 15, 2012