BenghaziGate-Obama used small unknown security firm to protect embassy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Oct 17, 2012.

1. For Benghazi diplomatic security, U.S. relied on small British firm

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:09pm EDT

(Reuters) - The State Department's decision to hire Blue Mountain Group to guard the ill-fated U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, entrusted security tasks to a little-known British company instead of the large firms it usually uses in overseas danger zones.

Several British government sources said that they were unfamiliar with Blue Mountain, which is based in Wales. They said British authorities used a different contractor for security protection in Libya.

Blue Mountain hired about 20 Libyan men - including some who say they had minimal training - to screen visitors and help patrol the mission at Benghazi, according to Reuters interviews.

Several of Blue Mountain's Libyan employees told Reuters that they had no prior security training or experience.

"I was never a revolutionary or a fighter, I have never picked up a weapon during the war or after it," said Abdelaziz al-Majbiri, 28, who was shot in the legs during the September 11 assault.

When hired, the commander said he was told "you have great English and get along with everyone and are punctual; we want you to be a guard commander."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/17/us-libya-usa-bluemountain-idUSBRE89G1TI20121017

What a joke?

2. pspr

pspr

I wouldn't want these guys to be my security team.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/bQMtosYbS4s?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/bQMtosYbS4s?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

3. there are thousands of relatively unknown security firms operating in the region, milking the US taxpayer.

4. cool but outsourcing to an ex-SAS soldier who then turns around and hires locals, sounds a bit STUPID.

5. Obamas State Dept asked the House for more funding for better security,The House told him no so they had to make do with what they had

Good security costs money,Righties on ET say We've got to cut the spending

6. Apparently no one acted on my suggestion to save money that could have been used for enhanced security. I specifically sent an e mail to Reid and suggested we end the "gay cowboy poetry festival" use those funds to save American lives and fight the righteous fight against terrorism.

Nor my suggestion to maintain the tax on "wooden arrows" by gollee that tax raised revenue. now arrows are exempt and look what happened we are out of money for securtoyty (how in the heck does one spell securioty these days).

7. Options12

Options12 Guest

These kills resulted from bad allocation, not a bad budget.

Furlough in Canada to fortify in Libya if it comes to that again.

8. pspr

pspr

The State Department has over $2 Billion in it's embassy security account. Obama wouldn't let them spend it until he could figure out how to channel it to his donors.

#10     Oct 19, 2012